shadow of yore

in which y/n and zhongli cross paths with the lumine again , and get in a historic-lesson-like adventure.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ ∞༺♥༻∞ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

((long chapter today yall))

y/n seated herself next to zhongli at the pearl galley. she was currently observing a conversation about rex lapis and his history. the man took a small sip from his tea.

how did she get here ?

no idea !

she was busily performing a song with her usual instrument at the pearl galley , and saw zhongli sitting nearby the table. once she finished , she made her way to the man and took a seat next to him. supposedly her manager allowed her to take a break and made zhongli her temporary guardian.

hence why she was here with him at the moment.

e/c eyes noticed two familiar-looking figures , dripping wet and climbing onto the boat. she squinted in an attempt to get a better look.

heh... those two look like lumine and paimon.

after closer inspection , her eyes widened.

wait... that is lumine and paimon-

y/n tapped zhongli on the shoulder to grab his attention , looking for the two travelers only to see they dissapeared. he blinked at her.

"is something the matter young y/n ?"

"not really... but i swear i saw lumine and pai-" she looked to her right to see them standing right next to her with drenched clothing. "-holy shit- i mean- holy archons how'd you get here ?!"

zhongli seemed AWFULLY calm for this situation.

"oh ? i didn't think i would see you here." he said.

wanyan , one of the historians 'debating' with zhongli raised a brow. "are these two your friends ?" he nodded alongside y/n. "yes , i had the fortune of meeting lumine not too long ago. they are quite the talented pair , and indeed a pleasure to be around. lumine , we were simply discussing the history of rex lapis. would you like to join me and y/n ?" the magician deadpanned.

i swear this isn't even a discussion- that bitch wanyan was about to try and beat yo ass !

she kept herself from saying that out loud.

hanxue , the other historian sighed with arms crossed. "this good sir seems to not appreciate the almighty power of the lord of geo. as a professional archeologist , i am to correct his embarrassing views.

lumine , paimon , and y/n practically winced at her words.

"actually he is..." the traveler quietly stated.

"we are discussing the first whereabouts of mora." hanxue said. paimon scratched her head. "the first... mora ?" yixuan nodded. "as everyone knows , the lord of geo taught the ancient people of liyue how to craft , smelt, and develop trade with other nations long ago." wanyan smugly began to add to her sentence. "according to my research- and my own hypothesis , i believe this coin of historical significance has been passed down as a token of a sort. for example , the qixing who control liyue use it for some unknown ceremony they hold when they come in power."