vortex's wake

in which the investigation begins first with the overlord osial.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ ∞༺♥༻∞ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"this place looks so ordinary , can we really find something valuable here ?"

the group trailed through guyun stone forest , kilmet crossed his arms and scanned around the area.

"huh... ? i think this place looks pretty grand." y/n replied. paimon nodded along with her statement. the man simply huffed. "i don't mean the scenery... i meant that there should be something out of the ordinary here. a big battle did just occur and all... i don't even know where to start looking."

"guyun stone forest is actually the perfect place to be if you wish to learn about the archon war or learn about the gods." zhongli said. his amber eyes looked around the large pillars of grey stone. "legend has it that rex lapis threw spears made of large rock onto the sea , piercing and crushing the overlord of the vortex. after many years of wind erosion , these stone spears have now turned into the rock formations we see now."

paimon frowned. "these mountains were the lord of geo's weapons ?"

he shook his head.

"what we see now is simply the part that remains. the spears rex lapis had used , all those years ago , were much greater in size and numbers. although now , after centers of mass , erosion by water , and gravity , the sea has swallowed them away. so besides the wind erosion , the initial collapsing of the stone spears played a big part in the stone forest formation." zhongli finished off. y/n shivered.

"rex lapis... a god so powerful like that is certainly strong in it's own right." she said.

"indeed. this is where the value is when it comes to research at the guyun stone forest."

oml i hate this sm , HFJAFJ

he smiled. "most of the objects from that time were lost at sea , although the new waves from osial must have allowed them to see the light of day again." kilmet's sky-blue eyes widened. "so you're saying that if we look hard enough , we can get very , very , rich- i mean- rich in historical knowledge ? that's all i seek in life... hehe..." he chuckled as sweat formed on the top of his forehead.

"well since there are so many people here , maybe we should split up and look." y/n suggested. kilmet nodded his head frantically. "that's a great idea !"

zhongli adjusted his black gloves. "okay then. i will go with my two friends here. although i have a smattering knowledge of history , when it comes to archaeology , i can't beat the expert here." y/n and him at wanyan.

the young ladies eyes widened , mouth open , and brows raised. "huh ? m-me ?" there was doubt in her voice.

"what's the problem ? this is your profession , why are you so surprised ?" kilmet asked.

"alright... i'll escort him then." she said with arms around her waist. zhongli extended his hand. "ok , if we find anything valuable or rare , let's meet up at the opposite shore from here." they all nodded at his words. "the ancient gods probably left a lot of elemental traces , so using your sight could help you find things." paimon floated around. "you heard him lumine ! let's use your elemental sight to help us."

the group separated to their own paths. lumine smiled at y/n.

"it's been a while since we last met , huh. what have you been up to nowadays ?" she asked.

"just the usual. entertaining customers and also defeating hillichurl camps.... oh yeah , i met master diluc a few days ago too ! his maid emery is really nice...." she placed her hands behind her back and looked up to the sky.

"oooh ! master diluc is pretty stoic though."

"yeah."

during their journey to look for various items , many enemies seemed to interrupt the look for valuables. lumine opened the chest after defeating the hillichurls with the help of y/n. her royal spear stayed behind her back as the three continued to look around. and so far , they weren't able to find anything.

that is , until something caught y/n's eye.

"uh... what is that ?"

zhongli , lumine , and paimon looked over to the direction she was staring at. there were many hydro mimic monsters surrounding a certain item that had a suspicious glow to it.

"they're gathering together there... but why ?" paimon asked. "see that object in the center ? perhaps it contains some strength from the god , which attracts the monsters. but the hydro mimic monsters...." zhongli narrowed his eyes. "is something the matter , mr. zhongli ?" y/n asked. he shook his head. "no , i have a contract. i must set my personal feelings aside. let's go ahead and recover the relic."

electro energy surged through y/n as she gave the mimic boar one last stab through its body , the boar vaporizing to thin air. she sighed. "that was the last one... now we just gotta recover the relic." lumine nodded , picking up the item and dusting off some dirt. everyone leaned in to take a look at what it was.

"it's just a stone slab... yet the design is quite unique. perhaps it is important to us. let's bring this back shall we ?"

y/n hummed , putting away the spear in her hand. "alright."

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ ∞༺♥༻∞ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧