Chapter 5 - Seduction

Meg had made a communicator. The issue was that the wormholes surrounding the planet prevented any signal from going in or out. She was out of ideas.

She couldn't do it. The panic built in her chest and she set down the small device that she'd made and walked into the living room. Loki was playing with a little tablet he'd found at a night market yesterday.

Before she could say anything, he said, "I have an idea."

She couldn't deny the relief she felt when he said those words.

"What's your idea?" She approached him crawling over the low back of the couch to sit next to him.

His gaze switched from the view outside to Meg's and a cocky smirk came over his features, "I'm going to seduce the grandmaster."

Meg choked and started coughing. "WHAT?!" she said once she recovered.

Loki raised a brow. "You heard me."

"Aren't you like seventeen in earth years?"

"How'd you calculate that?"

"I got distracted from a school assignment a couple years back and started researching Norse Myths. It didn't take that long to figure out."

"How did you calculate it?" He raised a brow.

"That hardly matters."

Loki raised both brows this time, "Sure it does. I'd like to see where you might have made an error. After all, I've lived at least a thousand years longer than you."

"Of course, you would lord your age over me." Meg rolled her eyes and fell back onto the couch, "It's still weird though. You seducing the grand master and you're technically my age." She shuddered then her brows furrowed and she sat up. "You want to steal the access codes to his ship bay."

Loki smirked, "Exactly."

"Can I have a sip of your drink?"

He handed it over. She took a sip and instantly wrinkled her nose, "That's disgusting."

He laughed, "That's Vorsecian whiskey. It's made from a plant similar to barley. You should be drunk from a sip of it."

"I have a sped-up metabolism so I don't process alcohol the same way that the average person does."

Loki raised a brow, "Similar to an Asgardian."

"Sure." Meg said as she stood up, "More like Cap actually. We're both genetically modified. By the way, why is your heat signature so low?"

Loki froze. "I-I have no reason to tell you that."

"Common it can't be that bad. If it makes you feel better, I can tell you why I'm the way I am." Meg nodded encouragingly.

"Why would I need to know that?"

"I'm going to be honest here." Meg said, "I'm trying to get you to not betray me and the only way to do that is to understand you."

"Understand me?" Loki scoffed, "I doubt you want that."

Meg inched closer until she was looking him directly in the eyes. "I do. Reasons have been stated. Also, do you know anything about satellites and radiology?"

"What? No." Loki said.

Meg frowned. "Well, that's completely unhelpful. Fine. Seduce the grand master."

"You're coming with me.," Loki said.

Meg's frown deepened, "No. I don't do parties. The last party I went to my brother and I accidentally found an arms dealer who was dealing alien tech. And, the guy who was the boss of those dealers, was my brother's crush's dad. Oh, and he almost got crushed by a building."

"That sounds..."

"Awful. Horrible. Not something you'd want to be caught up in the first time you're vigilante-ing on a big mission." Meg filled in for Loki with a fake smile, before her expression turned dead, "It was not in the slightest fun, even if we did learn a lot."

"Alien arms dealers? I thought that Earth did have an outer connection to aliens." Loki said.

"It doesn't. The weapons had been created from Shitari energy cores which I may remind you were your responsibility for having been brought to earth."

Loki flinched.

"What?" Meg said, "It's true."

"Not entirely," Loki said quietly, before downing the rest of his whiskey. "Since you won't come-" he returned to speaking at his normal volume, "I'll head out by myself."

Meg nodded, "Okay?"

She watched him as he left. He didn't leave looking grumpy but the expression on his face when she'd reminded him of New York was odd. It was as if he didn't like remembering it.

"Hiro," Meg said. She'd got his systems re-operating by some miracle.

"Yeah, Meg?"

"Do you have the SHIELD files on Loki still downloaded?"

"Yep. Would you like me to pull them up?"

"Yeah."

She continued her search. Then eventually her eyes landed on the first image that had ever been taken of Loki.

"Hiro. What are the symptoms of heat exhaustion?"