Chapter Five

CHAPTER FIVE
THE RULES OF DIANA
NEW YORK, UNITED STATES

Reid walked into the school's cafeteria, and his school bag sat on his shoulder

Reid walked into the school's cafeteria, and his school bag sat on his shoulder. He was used to the stares, the snickers, and the whispers he received for defying the rules of Diana but he hadn't understood if the whispers were positive, not that he cared. He didn't come to Golden Skies to make people friends, he just wanted to finish his studies and do his grandfather proud for a change.

But Jasmine and he just clicked. They shared the same personalities, same dislikes, same hobbies, etc. For starters, they both liked to fuck with people so when Reid walked up to her, telling her about his plans to remove Diana's caste system, the girl wore a smirk.

"The Anti-Elite council has a meeting in two days. I'll introduce you and-,"

"Aren't ou going to ask him why he wants to do something that's never been done before?" Dexter interrupted her, adjusting his glasses.

Reid was finishing his math homework that was due the next class. "I'm sure we share the same reason,"

"And this is crazy," Dexter said, shaking his head. He remembered the blisters he acquired in sixth grade and he knew if the Elites found out what they're up to, they may die.

"I thought you guys specialized in stuff like this?" Reid asked, but he only shook his head. "We specialize in messing up the plans of the Elites or messing with prom. We've never actually tried to take down the entire caste system,"

"Well, it's not too late to start today," Jasmine whispered. Reid grabbed a napkin from the center of the table as his eyes moved to the pencil dexter carried. Millions of memories flooded his mind and it seemed for an eternity until he picked one up.

"There's the girl of your dreams over there," Jasmine stirred the straw of her drink. Dexter's cheeks turned a shade of strawberry pink and before he knew it, his feet were carrying him to her.

"Tiffany, you look really good today.... N-Not that don't look good every day-," The girl looked at her uniform before scoffing. "Didn't I tell you to leave me alone?"

He watched as she walked off. Jasmine rolled her eyes as Dexter sat back down, a small smile on his face.

"Alright, I'm beginning to think she has a tampon stuck up her fucking ass," She sighed as her eyes moved to the sketch Reid had drawn on the napkin.

"You draw?" She asked as he looked up slowly.

"When I was in juvie, I was allowed to buy pencils. I drew on the walls," He simply said, as the two students looked at him with wide eyes.

"You were in juvie?" Dexter asked. Reid nodded, as he looked at the drawing.

"How did they accept you in this Academy?" dexter found himself asking before Jasmine slapped him on the arm.