Chapter 8

I drove back home silently as the raging sound of cars pierced through my eardrums.

After spending minutes on the road due to the intense traffic, I got home starving as my stomach cried out in mercy, quickly, I fixed myself something to eat.

I sat down on the sofa, carefully, I went through the papers Ruff gave me studying each page slowly.

I remembered his story and how he lost his family.

This is indeed a wicked world!.
How can his brother be so heartless?. Killed his wife and kids but he is still roaming around the country not just as a citizen, but the president, that's bizarre!.

Sighing, I took my cigarette, lighted it, and began to smoke as I visualize my thoughts in my head. This is my biggest hit and I must succeed, if this is what I have to do to pay Ruff for his kindness towards me, I will do it just for his sake.

I pace through my living room calculating the sound of my heartbeat. My phone buzzed bringing me back to reality, I shoved it out of my pocket realizing it was Ruff calling.

Reluctantly, I answered, "Hello sir, "I said casually.

The noise at the other end was so unbearable, "I am at the airport" he said loudly as he tried to catch his breath

" Don't be late for your flight tomorrow by 7 am. During this assignment, I will surely contact you on daily basis, focus on your job and nothing else" he warned sternly.

"Yes sir, I will" I replied confidently with my thoughts fixed on the game.

"Good!, and one more thing ( he paused) there will be a grand party at the Senate hall later that evening by 6 pm, I want you to attend it looking the best you can, Kelvin will be there, so be on guard".

My eyes shone in confusion, "But Sir, I need an invitation to get in.. apparently, I have none".

I could hear him sigh from the other end, "That shouldn't be a problem, Nancy, like I said earlier today, I have everything planned out for you. Minutes before you leave your residence in Pennsylvania, a man will come over and hand you the invitation card...all you have to do is play your part...no sweat" he assured me.

"Alright sir" I managed to say with determination in my voice.

"Remember, this must be successful, I trust you, Nancy, you won't fail me....(the noise at the other end became louder) I have to go now, call me once you get there tomorrow, I will be awaiting your call," he said, hanging up immediately.

"This should be fun" I smiled to myself. I love parties, this can't be hard, after all, the president's son is just like any other man I have killed... nothing special.

My phone beeped, a message popped in from Ruff. I opened it, realizing that he just sent 100,000 US dollars to my account for tomorrow's upkeep. I got up, took my car keys, and went out shopping, this is a new mission, and I love new clothes.

I went to the mall, selected expensive clothes and shoes, even matching accessories and bags...I love fashion a lot, I don't mind if I spend all my money on it, as long as I look good and incredibly sexy.

After shopping, I went over to a salon, made new and expensive hair, I also did my nails got a skin treatment there.

After a long day of getting prepared, I went home, ate dinner early, and retired to bed for the day.

The next morning, I woke up quite early, packed my stuff and the important documents with me...I shouldn't forget them.

I ordered an Uber which took me straight to the airport. Ruff indeed had everything planned for me as I got on his private jet, I was so excited as I flew on the plane alone with a glass of champagne, life is good indeed when you have money.

The plane landed a few minutes later, I got out of the airport and found a driver waiting for me, I got into his car and he drove me straight to the apartment.

We got to our destination within minutes, he handed me the keys to my apartment and drove off. I went into the elevator and went up to the 4th floor. I found the apartment quite easy following Ruff's direction.

Getting in, the apartment looked nice and I could see the whole view of the city, it was beautiful.
I went over to the refrigerator and found it fully stocked with foods and drinks, "Ruff sure knows how to plan well" I said to myself smiling.

I settled my things down, fixed something to eat, then relax as I switched on the TV to relax my mind.

My gaze caught the presence of the wall clock in front of me, the party is by 6 pm, I still have hours to plan and get ready... sighing I looked out of the building getting ready for this suicide mission.

Author's Note.
Hi everyone, thanks so much for reading, and do not forget to leave your comments below. Also, do not forget to vote friends❤, I will appreciate it 🥰

Next chapter.......