Chapter 38 : Muddled Minds

Ace's POV

" Ace? Is Euphy okay? " I heared Jenara say as we walk back to the Academy. She is currently being supported by Nereus.

" What do you think? " I said to her sarcastically.

She looks so worried, judging by the way she looks at Eumi, Psh, She should worry about herself first. I looked at her arm , it's seriously burned by the Blue Flame. Even if she try to hide it I know it hurts so much.

" Magiging okay ba siya Master? " Dani seconded.

I looked at him and to Arce which he carries right now. Arce was the most injured among us, She received lots of burns from Eumi's Blue Flame.

" I dont know " I told them and looked at Eumi who is currently sleeping so soundly at my arms. What the heck happened earlier?

Flashback ~

" Eumi! Please! Calm down! " I tried to tell her and pursuade her, Looking at her she must be very confused and scared.

I took a step to her as she sit down and whine, She looks so scared. I activated my barrier, I know that I can touch her Blue Flame but referring to what happened earlier with Jenara and Arce, I must also be careful, I dont want to add more suffering to Eumi.

" Caelum, Wag kang lumapit sakin. Please? " She said looking straight at me, I smiled at her.

" It's okay, I wont get hurt. " I told her as I walk towards her slowly.

" Pe-Pero, Baka mapaso ka rin. Ayokong saktan ka " She said while crying, I looked at her, She's engulfed with the Blue Flame and all her surrounding is burning. She's this strong? I miscalculated earlier.

" No, You wont hurt me right? " I told her, I was inches away from her. I could already touch her, I was just being precautious of the flame surrounding her.

" Pe-Pero-- " I saw her flame glitch, This is my chance, Without thinking I hurriedly went to hug her.

" Ca-Caelum?! Bi-Bitawan mo ko! Baka baka masaktan kita! " she said screaming hysterically while trying to break my hug, I felt the scorching heat of her flame, It's bearable but because of her emotions its getting stronger.

" You wont hurt me, Calm Down " I said to her , I placed my palm on her cheeks and looked at her in the eyes and Damn! I was shocked for the second time, Her right eye, its burning with Deep Blue Color while her other eye is closed. It looks exactly the same when she first used her Magic in front of me.

[ Refer to Chapter 13 : Sapphire Blue Flame ]

" Look at me Eumi, You wont hurt me, You wont hurt anybody, Okay? " I said trying to make her at ease, I kissed her temple and hugged her tight. I felt her head in my chest.

" It's okay, Everything's fine. Sleep all you want Eumi " I told her while I touch her hair, I saw a tear escaped in her eye.

End of Flashback ~

I never thought of her, losing control of her own flames.

" Pero grabe dude no? Ang lakas talaga ni Aly? " I heard Isaac told Nereus.

" Oo nga dude, Akala ko talaga pati tayo masasama sa mga nilamon ng apoy kanina. "

" Good thing I made a Barrier " Noctis told the both of them then looked at me,

" Ace, What do you think? Is she an Einzbern? " Noctis asked me so I was shocked, Even Jenara and Nereus looked at me with questioning eyes.