DH - Welcoming Affection

Ron's & Hermione's POV

Hermione had been worried sick, she had arrived to find Harry safe after his moving, and still Ron hadn't arrived with Tonks. Her stomach was aching from anxiety and her body was shaking. She was walking back and forth in the yard outside the Burrow, waiting for any sign of the person she loved most. Now that she thought of it, she wanted to punch herself in the face because she realized that she had never told him. One thing she wanted to do before either of them died, was at least to tell him that she loved him, hoping for him to say it back. The idea, that something might have happened to him, killed her, she just wanted to kiss him, to kill all of his insecurities, to show him that someone does think he's unique, even if he doesn't love her the same way.

Every few seconds she looked up to the sky, hoping to see him appear on his broom. And suddenly, all of her fears died away, as she saw him land with his broom.

'It's them!' screamed Hermione, feeling more relieved than ever.

'Remus!' Tonks cried as she staggered off the broom into Lupin's arms.

Ron watched this scene, then looked around for Hermione, wondering whether he too had someone to hug him the same way.

'You're okay!' he mumbled, before Hermione flew at him and hugged him tightly. Only then, he felt happy, loved and appreciated.

'I thought - I thought -' she said, starting to sob, but Ron cut her off.

''M all right!' He said, patting her on the back. ''M fine!'.

To Ron, hugging Hermione felt like coming back home. He hugged her tightly and stroked her hair, smelling its scent that he had always loved, and feeling her tears silently dripping on his shoulder.

'Ron was great' said Tonks 'Wonderful. Stunned one of the Death Eaters, straight to the head, and when you're aiming at a moving target from a flying broom -'

'You did?' said Hermione, gazing up at Ron, her arms still around his neck.

'Always the tone of surprise' Ron said a little grumpily, breaking free. He hated that she was surprised he could be great at something, but the fact that she was all right made him forget nearly everything else.

__________________________
Author's note :
Heyy! I know this one's short but I feel it has so much emotion. Anyway I hope you like it. Thanks to everyone who's read the previous parts till now! I'd love it if you vote, comment and share!
Thanks again for the support! :)