Prologue: Encounter

"Haaah~ night is the best! I can't get out of the house in the day without using so much clothing to hide all my skin, tsk!" Wang Yibo grumbled under his breath as he walks at the park.

The park was dark but perfect with night dwellers like him to wander. But the place they just moved in was free of any creatures like them. They've been hopping from one place to another for almost every two years. And now he's already ten, wishing that they'd settle already, it's been tiring for him since he cannot even play with the same age as his.

Humans are afraid of vampires like him, living amongst them is too difficult that they can only move at night to avoid any contact with them. That's another reason for not having friends to play with.

Vampires were hunted by wolves, likewise, vampires hunted wolves as well. Yibo's parents were both scientists working under the vampires, but they wanted for their kids to live normally that they flee in places with a lot of humans to avoid being targeted.

Yibo sighed as he sat on a cold steel swing in the park. The breeze of the night touched his skin as he pushes himself, bitterly smiling. The swing swayed but not as strong as how the kids play in the daytime. He would always watch them from their apartment window whenever he has a break from his homeschooling.

Just as he's swinging, his sensitive hearing heard rustling not far from where he's sitting. He stopped and stood to look for it. It was coming from the trees where the restricted sign was written. Behind the park is full of trees that no one comes because it's said to be dangerous.

He followed the sound as his curiosity elevated. Then he saw a puppy, afraid that the puppy was lost and accidentally found its way into the forest, he followed it.

They were in the middle of the forest, where the full moon is clearly seen.

Yibo was standing meters away from the puppy, behind a tree. He looked up at the moon, it was beautiful. But the moment he looked back at the puppy, he saw a human kid, sitting on the ground with his eyes closed, raising his head as the light of the moon made his skin gleaming.

"Beautiful," he unconsciously mumbled. But he immediately cupped his mouth when the kid suddenly opened his eyes. He hid behind the tree, his heart is beating wildly. He's afraid that the kid might see him. But few minutes had passed and everything is quiet.

He peeked at the kid and he was not there anymore, he even traveled around his eyes but there was no sign of him.

He sighed heavily, there goes his chance of having a friend that goes out at night like him.

His shoulders drooped as he made his way out of the forest, he's dumbfounded that he didn't even have the chance to talk to him.

.

The next night, he went out again, trying his chance to meet the beautiful kid. And his hunch was right, he followed the puppy in the forest, and witnessed him transform into a human kid. His mouth gaped open at the beauty of him, he suddenly became bashful. His heart is thumping fast and he's too shy to approach the kid. He decided to watch him for the meantime and gradually gather his courage.

The next night it happened again, he went to follow him in the forest and witness him change into a human. But his courage didn't improve and kept hiding, unable to present himself.

It happened three more times, but he failed to show himself. He's afraid that the kid might get freaked out when he shows up. He decided on the right time to show himself.

.

After his six failed attempts he finally gathered his courage. He exhaled as he practices how to introduce himself to the kid. He sat by the swing as he waits.

Hours passed, there's still no presence of the puppy. The moon is already on its way down. There he knew the puppy won't come. His shoulders dropped as he leaves the park, making his way home.

.

But when he arrived, he was welcomed with a gruesome scene.

His jaw dropped, his body was glued to his feet. His father was lying on the floor, a knife was buried on his chest, his mother has deep wounds on his arms that looks like it's scratches of some sort. She was crying, not just because of the pain in her wounds but because of his father, that was not moving. Vampire wounds heal fast, but the knife and the wound on his mother's arm were specialized to kill a vampire.

His mother survived because she brought a severe wound on their attacker but sadly, she was not able to save his husband.

Yibo's mother looked at him with tears in her eyes, she let go of her arms and opened them, telling Yibo to come for a hug.

Tears unconsciously fell from his eyes as he ran to his mother, hugging her tight.

"Mom..." he mumbled, burying his face on her chest. His mother patted his back, "Shh, mom is here..." she coaxed.

They need to live in the place or their attackers might come back again.

"I'm sorry, son. But we need to get out of here now," she said with her soothing voice.

Yibo pulled away as he looks at his mother's weeping eyes. "But how about father?" he asked between his sobs.

His mother smiled bitterly, "The wolves killed him, we cannot bring him with us anymore. When the sun rises, his body will turn into ash," she said and wiped his son's tears.

Yibo's heart is crushed at what his mother said, being a kid, understanding all of what he witnessed is too much information.

He nodded as a response though he didn't understand all of it, only one thing is he sure of, WOLVES killed his father.

-----

A/N: Owshiiie~ I'm back with another story. I hope you're all doing well! Thank you for patiently waiting~ Love you all ('▽'ʃ♡ƪ)