Chapter 47: "...He's a wolf"

"Mom... I need to tell you something..." Yibo muttered, eyes on his feet as he heaves a deep sigh once again. This is it, he's ready to tell her everything, all he needs to do is muster his courage and accept his mother's reaction and do what he can. He gathers all his courage, gulping down the lump on his throat before he opens his mouth again to continue.

"I already have a mate..." he started.

Her eyes went wide, she's surprised by his confession but happy to finally witnessing his son falling in love and eventually creating a family with his so-called mate. "Really?! Oh my! why didn't you said so? You should've introduced her or maybe him to me!" she excitedly squealed. "Is she here? Do you both work together? She must be an assassin too! Oh my, tell me more!"

"Mom..." he paused, earning a questioning look from her. "Why? What's the matter? Is there a problem? You should be happy having me meeting your mate," she asked worriedly, leaning close to his son to take a better look at his face.

Yibo bit his lower lip. Shit! How should he tell her when she's excited like that?

"He works here, mom. He owns this building. He's a former assassin... and..." he paused once again.

Her anticipation is building in her, why is his son keeps stopping? Why can't he tell directly?

"He's pregnant with our child..." he added, making the smile on her face sprung wide.

"He's pregnant??? With my grandchild?!" her eyes gleam, she's even more excited to meet who might his son's mate is, now that she knew he's pregnant with his grandchild.

But her smile faded when he still sees his son's troubled face, why does he look troubled and worried? Why is he not smiling? When you have a child aren't you suppose to be happy?

"mom..." he paused once again, biting hard his lower lip then gulps. "Sit there, I'll go get him..." he said solemnly.

She became worried, her brows crunch in confusion but then oblige. And so she sat at the sofa, back facing his way.

Jus and Neil look tensed, and so he taps everyone who's working this moment to leave for a bit and stay on the upper floor. They knew it's a family matter, they should not get involved.

"Ma'am, we should leave you here if it's okay? It's our break as of the moment," Jus reasoned out. Lying to escape the scene.

She looked at them confused but nodded anyway. And so all of the Twenty-five workers left the room including Neil and Jus.

Upon leaving the room Yibo also arrived with someone. He's holding the hand of a man, dressed in pajama, three buttons left open at the end, showing his bump with a blanket covering his shoulders and back.

"Mom..." Yibo mumbles. "He's-" he continued but was cut off with the sound of the door just across from where Yibo came from open.

"Auntie!" Haikuan greeted, striding into the living room. Zhuocheng came out after, peeking from the door.

"Oh, dear! Hello," she greeted back with a smile. Haikuan hugged her then pulled away immediately. "Oh, Dear, look! My son is about to introduce my son-in-law!" she excitedly exclaimed.

Haikuan smiled sheepishly, then turn his head at Yibo, eyeing him if he's okay with it. Yibo just answered with his eye with 'it'll be okay,'. Haikuan sighed, he doesn't know what will happen but if it's Yibo's decision so he doesn't have to interfere. He smiled at him as if telling him that he'll be there if something goes wrong. Yibo just nodded faintly so his mother won't notice.

And so, Haikuan turns his head back at her, "That's good auntie! Your son-in-law is the best at everything auntie, I assure you," he chuckled to at least lighten the atmosphere.