Chapter 1 : What makes you beautiful

CHAPTER 1 : WHAT MAKES YOU BEAUTIFUL

"You don't know you're beautiful... Oh, oh... That's what makes you beautiful"

One summer noon, I was eating at the Kristy's Wood Oven and Wine bar in Malibu County Inn when I heard an unfamiliar song. The beat was catchy that took my attention and I like the meaning of the song.

Before I forget, Jae-Em Moseley is my name. I just graduated from high school and upcoming freshman in college. I’m currently spending my summer here in Malibu before moving to England. I’m planning to take Medical Technology for my college course in Oxford University.

I grew up from a wealthy and happy family. I have two loving and supporting parents and one cute little sister named Denise.

Photography is my thing. I love to take pictures of splendid sceneries and unforgettable moments.

I belonged to the crowd of popular in my high school days. I have this long, curly, brown hair from my mom and a pair of emerald green eyes from my dad.

After I finish eating, I went out for a walk. Suddenly, I spotted two girls with a familiar face, I tried to ignore them but my instinct won't stop bugging me so I went close to them to get a good picture and that's when I recognized them-- Bhabez and Diadem, my best friends and my partners in crime in crazy things.

Bhabez Stark is my childhood friend and my partner in crime; I met her because of my parents. Her parents and mine are business partners. If I’m into photography, Bhabez is into modeling. She has this straight, medium length, black hair with shining blue eyes.

Diadem Winfrey is also my best friend, I met her during our fifth grade and thus, we became good friends. She likes everything with a shade of pink on it and very addicted to Hello Kitty. She has straight, long, black hair which she always ties in different styles with a pair of baby blue eyes.

Three of us will take Medical Technology at Oxford.

"Hey!" I said, they turned to me and smiled.

"Hey" Bhabez replied

"Hello J" Diadem said.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, “I thought you both are going to Australia?”

"There was a change in mind so we stayed here. I’m just accompanying Bhabez here" Diadem answered.

"I'm checking this one out" she pointed a huge tarpaulin of five unfamiliar boys having a band called One Direction and informing they'll have a concert next month.

"One Direction?" I scoffed, "Don't tell me you are planning to see this bloody British dude?"

At first she was hesitant on answering especially when she saw my reaction "uhhmmm... Yeah" she smiled, sheepishly.

"Are you kidding me?" I exclaimed, what the hell is she thinking "that's the most stupid thing you'll ever do, seeing this British band-"

I was cut short when a girlish voice interrupted me "FYI darlings! They're British-Irish" I whipped my head to the source of the voice and saw a girl with a long, blond hair wearing designers' clothes.

"By the way, I'm Dheibi" she introduced herself coolly, she extended her hand to us but I just stared at her caramel brown eyes.

Ok! What's the deal with this blonde? Interrupting our PRIVATE conversation?

"If you love this boy band" Dheibi pointed her index finger to the tarp behind us "You sure are losers like them"

What the hell? Losers? Us? Is she kidding me? First she interrupted our convo then called us losers. I can't take this. This girl will surely have a piece of my mind.