Chapter 3

Sorry this was supposed to get out earlier but I ended up going to 5 parties and volunteered at 2 places and it really wore me out and kept me busy...So once again, sorry I wanted to get this out like 2 weeks ago and stuff came up. Ik this is shorter than usual but I wanted to get out something.

Peter hadn't realized how tired he really was until he woke up in front of a very nice looking place in Queens (it almost looked like a hotel at the end of the road.) He actually recognized this neighborhood. May had to wanted to move into a house not too far from here if she ever got the money.
"Peter! Are you awake? We have arrived." Mr. Kane had said as he stopped the car and got out.
"Make sure you share your full gratitude with your new foster parents. You may have been waiting for a while if they hadn't agreed to take you."
Peter replied with a nod and half-smile, not really caring if someone would have taken him or not. I mean, what's the point? He might as well just die such as Aunt May had.
Peter wasn't religious but he for a brief moment, he wondered if there was a heaven and if he could make it there like his Aunt, Uncle, and Parents most definitely did. A part of Peter had always wanted to die but the creeping fear of not existing had always stopped him. He wasn't good enough for wherever his relatives were anyways. If by some miracle someone did think he was worthy, he wouldn't want to poison the peaceful place his relatives are in.
Mr. Kane waited for Peter to grab his stuff before quickly walking to the door and knocking impatiently. It seemed obvious he had better things to do, he wasn't very good at hiding it.
"Hello, Mr. Kane!" A long blonde-haired woman had said. Her hair was tied back in a fairly nice bun and she was slightly taller than Peter, about 5ft'10in (he was 5ft'7in). She wore a light blue dress that fell slightly under her knees and a white cardigan to pull it together.
"Good day, Mrs. Tillson. Thank you again for taking Mr. Parker on such short notice." Mr. Kane had replied, putting a hand on Peter's shoulder, who obviously didn't like it and shrunk away at the contact.
"There's just a bit of paperwork I need to go over with you that wasn't done. Maybe you could show Peter to where he'll be staying and let him get settled. Then you can come back and finish this up." Mr. Kane said, more as a statement than a suggestion.
Mrs. Tillson replied with a quick "of course" before inviting them into the hotel-like house. She ushered Peter upstairs.
"I can trust you not to be a nuisance unlike some of the other kids here, correct?" The kind-looking woman had suddenly said in a serious, almost scary tone once they had gotten far enough on the second floor for Mr. Kane not to hear.
"What?" Peter asked, confused about where that was since the lady at the door had gone.
"You heard me. I expect you won't be in any trouble. Understood?"
Petter had just nodded in reply, shocked at the sudden personality change.
"This is your bedroom out of the 4 on this floor. As it says on the door, this is A4. The rest number from A3-A1 on this floor. The finished basement also holds as a room for a few children. On the 3rd floor (the attic) is my husband and I's room. You are forbidden from even touching the stairs leading up there, no matter what you hear. 6 pm is dinner. You have until 7 pm to eat. 7-7:55 pm I suggest you go to the bathroom, because after 8, you may not come out of your room (unless called upon) until 5 am." She then continued to tell Peter more rules that seemed to make this place feel more and more like a prison before taking her to leave. Peter signed and looked around. The light brown room consisted of a twin-sized bed, a small desk, and a window. It was pretty cramped, about half the size of his room at the apartment. Everything still raced through his mind he really was alone now. He started to cry once again, though no tears fell, they had all been wasted the previous days.
"The Avengers!" Peter muttered semi-loudly.
Peter had totally forgotten about them. A while back, he had had some conflicts with them but they soon became friends. Peter even visited the tower some days. Though he refused to tell them who he really was, he had grown a friend-type relationship with pretty much all the Avengers. He quickly rummaged through his bag to grab his mask and locked the door. Once he had slipped it on he had seen a crap ton of missed alerts from Tony Stark himself and even  some that said he'd tried to track Peter (which he'd failed since Peter who had a fear of his identity slipping had put many protocols in place to prevent tracking)
Peter quickly told the suit to call Tony as he coughed,  stumbling to press the voice changer. (It didn't change it much but it pitched his voice slightly deeper.)
"Heyyy Tony!"
"Spidey? Where'd you run off to? Cap's been losing his shit. He thought you'd been taken. We've searched half of New York for you."
Peter tried to reply but only replied in a coughing fit, not realizing how dry his throat had been.
"Are you sick? You coulda called. We have stuff here that-" Tony ranted before Peter cut him off.
"I'm fine! I'm fine... Just needed some me time. I'll stop by the tower tonight if I can. I just wanted to call and see how you are."
"How I am? You could just check the TV." Tony joked.
"Alright Genius, Billionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist. Talk to you later."
Peter then flung off his mask and shoved it in his bag, right before he heard a loud knock on the door.
Peter unlocked the door to see Mr. Kane.
"I'll be going now. Here is my card if you have urgent matters you need to discuss. If there are changes in where you'll be staying I'll contact you or Mrs. Tillson." He told Peter before leaving.
Peter waved and put on a smile as the older man left the hall.

Ik that's a bad place to end things but I just wanna get this chapter done and out so I can work on better chapters for you guys. So bare with me for this one. ^_^"