1 ~ Introductions Are Always The Worst

Hi! This is my first fic so don't mind the bad progression ;-;
The picture above is the oc btw :)

It was a normal day at school for Miya, other than the fact that there was a rumor about a new student from Canada coming to the school. The rumor had started 3 days ago and had everyone excited to see the new kid, everyone other than Miya that is. He hadn't really wanted to meet anyone new, and he definitely didn't want this new person to try and be friends with him. He's perfectly okay with the small class he's in now as well as the even smaller amount of friends he has at S. So when the new student came and was introduced, Miya was a little surprised that he wanted to get to know the kid more.

"Hello my name is Kuritoma Otsuka, I am from Canada and actually my pronouns are xe/xem" Kuritoma said after the teacher said for xem to introduce xemself. "Sorry about that then, well you can take a seat in the corner there next to Miya." The teacher said while pointing at the desk to the right of Miya. Kuritoma made xeir way over to the desk while all eyes were on xem. Xe could barely hear the whispers from the other students, "xe?? Hes crazy" "how the hell do you use xe/xem?". Xe was used to the offhand comments about xeir pronouns anyway so it didn't bother xem much anymore.

When xe sat down in the desk beside Miya, xe couldn't help but feel like xe was being watched. Xe looked over to xeir left at Miya just as Miya was looking away. Miya was terrified now, he wanted to talk to this new kid but didn't at the same time. He told himself that he wasn't going to make friends with the new kid, but he didn't understand why he wanted to talk to this kid so much, get to know xem and defend xem again the assholes in this class.

Kuritoma decided to talk to Miya (as the teacher had called them) and ask their name and pronouns to be nice. "Hi im Kuritoma, my pronouns are-" xe was cut off by Miya "Yea I know, I heard you introduce yourself." It sounded a little harsher than Miya had intended but the smile on Kuritoma's face never faltered. "Oh yea heh, well how about you introduce yourself to me? I'd like to get to know you" Miya didn't know how to introduce himself so he just looked at Kuritoma. "Uhmm, anyway, the teacher said your name was Miya? I think that's a cool name! What are your pronouns by the way, I don't want to be rude." Kuritoma said looking a Miya with a smile waiting for a response.

"Uhm, yea my names Miya, and I guess my pronouns are he/him? I think? I'm a boy if that helps?" Miya didn't want to sound rude to the kid beside him but he didn't fully grasp the concept of pronouns. This didn't seem to phase Kuritoma though, "Okay! Thats good to know. Do you like music? I play drums and bass! My favourite band would probably be Gorillaz." Kuritoma waited for a response from Miya while he thought. "I guess I like music, but id rather skateboard or play video games." Miya answered and was about to turn his attention back to the front, thinking their interaction was finished when Kuritoma spoke up again, "can you teach me how to skateboard?"