Spotlight (A Union J/District 3 story)

This is the land of broken dreams. This is the difference between becoming someone or being left as no one. That stage, those judges. Everything starts, and everything ends, right here.

Jade sighed.'Girls, I can't do this. I thought I was ready for this. But what if the judges don't like us?' She pulled nervously at her clothes.

Casey sighed. 'I'm nervous too, Jade, it's part of the audition process. But once we get out there, on that stage, you'll be fine!'

'What if we're not?' Bex turned around and asked. 'What if we mess up? Get the words wrong? Or..' she took a deep breath. 'What if we're just not good enough?'

Phoebe turned on her friend. 'Do you think we came this far to listen to that kind of negativity? No! We are going out there, we are going to sing All Time Low, and we are going to do our families and The Wanted proud!'

Jess nodded. 'You're right Pheebs. It's now or never. This is our chance. We will get it right, we've been practising for ages.'

Jade, for all her nerves, was first at the door. 'I feel more confident now.' She turned and winked at the girls, who rolled their eyes. Trust Jade, she'd seen a boy and they'd only been in the building five seconds. Casey joined her.

'I like that blonde one.'

Jade turned to her. 'Yeah? I like the one with the dimples, in the hat.'

Bex was just behind her. 'Oh my god, they're GMD3! I've known about them ages, The Wanted always tweet them! Dan is perfect, we follow each other.'

'Which one's Dan?' Jade asked.

'The one in the hat.' Bex and Casey told her at the same time.

Phoebe saw that Jade was starting to get annoyed because Bex knew who dream boy was.

'Alright, guys' she picked up her guitar. 'Let's get ready to go on.'

Jess couldn't stop staring at GMD3. 'Which one do you like, Jess?' Casey asked.

'Micky. The one in the shirt.'

'I'm not going to tell you again' Phoebe groaned. 'We're due on now.'

They stepped, shakingly onstage. The warmth of the spotlight hit their faces. It was time.