Don't Stop Me Now - fixing things.

Jade slid down the wall in the corridor, and kept sliding, until she hit the floor. The sharp collision with the floor should have pained her, but it didn't. The tears kept rolling, faster and uncontrollable. Her head was throbbing, she needed to stop: but the pain had to escape somehow. And liquid form was just as good as any. Through her tears, she heard a voice. It was hard to describe what it sounded like: almost like velvet, but with a protective undertone.

"Why are you crying?" The voice asked, and it brought Jade to more tears. She felt a force sit down beside her, a warm weight occupying the next piece of the wall. Her hand was removed from her face, and she saw two amazing blue eyes staring at her. She'd always liked the colour blue, just not for eyes, but these were different. More sincere. Protective.

"You didn't answer me." The voice came in breaths, hot breaths on her neck.

"You expect me to tell you my life story when I don't even know your name?" That had come out rude. Ruder, perhaps, than she had intended. But the boy laughed it off.

"I'm Josh Cuthbert. Part of a three piece boyband. We're called Triple J."

Jade tried to wipe her eyes. "I saw you earlier."

"Really?" Hearing his voice again, Jade observed his face clearer. All she had seen before were a pair of sparkling blue eyes. Now she noticed tanned skin, a green hoodie with the sleeves rolled up. She noticed moist pink lips and a smile that changed everything she thought she knew about herself.

"Josh?" she asked, using this stranger's name.

"Yes?"

"I mess everything up. We came here to win, or at least showcase our talents. And I just end up getting distracted by boys."

Josh stood up, and reached out his arm. Jade looked at it in confusion.

"I'm trying to help you up, silly!" He joked, and Jade took his arm, feeling the sparks coarse through her.

"You know" Josh whispered to her "I don't think you getting a little bit distracted by boys is a bad thing at all. As long as it's with me."

Jade looked down, despite the fact they were standing nose to nose. "I'm going to need your number, then."

They swapped phones. "You can come and hang out with us, if you want?" Josh asked.

"I would, believe me. But I kind of have to fix this mess I've made."

Meanwhile, Bex was with Dan.

"Are you sure I can't come and join GMD3?"

Dan laughed, and tucked a piece of her hair behind her ear. "No, you can't come and join us. We're a boy band."

"I know. I just feel like nobody understands me in my group. Like you think a bunch of people are your friends and then they're not."

"Hey" Dan's jokey voice softened. "What's happened?"

"Can I make a confession?" Bex asked.

"Of course."

"Well, we always said we were Twitter friends, but, and I know it sounds stupid, I just have the biggest crush on you. Anyway, Jade set her sights on you. And once Jade sets her sights on someone, that's kind of it."

"Well, it isn't it for me. Bex, look at me!" Dan forced her to stare into his chocolate eyes. "I have a crush on you as well, and I wouldn't like Jade, I don't feel anything for her. She came on too strong. If I had to choose, which I do, I would always choose you."

"So..what does this mean?" Bex asked.

"It means that when you've sorted things out, and I've sorted things out, we can be together."

Bex bit her lip. "I guess I should go and sort things out."

Dan nodded and she hugged him. Outside the door, Jade was waiting.

"Bex, I'm really sorry I said those things. As usual, I was out of focus. Relationships are something that are special to you, and I don't want Dan, if I'm being honest with myself. I met someone today, and he just changed my perspective. I'm sorry."

Bex smiled. "I'm sorry too, I read too much into what you said."