Every Breath You Take - Audition

The spotlight fell on the five girls, and Gary Barlow leaned forward, his blue eyes as sharp and harsh as ever. 'Care to introduce yourselves?'

'We're F!VE." Jess explained.

"So you're a five piece girl band. What makes you different to One Direction, the five piece boy band on this show two years ago?"

As usual, Tulisa got straight to the bottom of things. Casey was prepared for this. "You know, Tulisa, a lot of people see young people in a band, and they assume that they're just like every other band. But we're not. We play instruments, we write songs. And if we don't get through today, we will make it on our own somehow. Our idols are people like The Wanted, and they're the reason we're standing here today. So, we want to sing their first song, which shows how far they've come. All Time Low."

Tulisa smiled and sat back in her chair. "Well, I guess that's told me. Go ahead, girls."

They looked across the stage at Jade. She was terrified as Phoebe began to strum the familiar chords, but closed her eyes and began to sing anyway.

"Praying won't do it, hating won't do it, fighting won't knock you out, of my head."

She sounded really good, better than she'd ever sounded, and soon the XFactor audience were on their feet! The girls moved through the song, with Jade singing Max's parts, Bex singing Tom's parts, Jess singing Siva's parts, Casey singing Jay's parts and Phoebe singing Nathan's. The song ended and the girls looked at each other. That feeling was crazy, the adrenaline was pumping through their veins. Then the spotlight zoomed on them, and the judges waited for the crowd to die down before they spoke.

Gary began, as he was the most experienced judge. "Wow, you really did prove all of us wrong. You aren't the usually prejudiced girl band, I noticed a strong vocal blend. That's a yes from me."

Tulisa nodded. "You did prove me wrong, you are the group that I personally want to sit here and mentor. That's a yes from me!"

Cheering from the crowd ensued. The girls breathed a sigh of relief. They were halfway through.

Louis Walsh leaned forward. "I think you could be Britain's next biggest girl band!"

Three out of four. No matter what Nicole said, it was likely they were going through.

"I think, you are fabulous! The Wanted would be very proud! That's a big yes from me!"

Everything after that was a blur. They were through to boot camp. The next few minutes were a mixture of rushing offstage, crying, screaming and hugging their parents. They were one step closer to achieving their dream. Jade soon forgot about this, well for a minute. Three boys walked by in hoodies and she practically sank down the wall.

"OMG. I cannot deal with all these hot boys here. This is going to be such a great few weeks."

"If we get through." Bex reminded her.

"Yeah, if we get through." Jade agreed.

Phoebe sighed, and went to watch the next audition. It was a boy, and he didn't look much older than her age. After she looked at him properly she felt something flutter in her heart. He was wearing a denim shirt and had a guitar strapped across his body.

"What's your name?" Tulisa asked.

"George Shelley. And I'm going to sing Toxic by Britney Spears."

After the nods of approval. "With the taste of your lips..."

Phoebe drifted away. He was magical. And had brown eyes. She heard voices and felt movement. Probably Bex and Jade looking for those other boys. Maybe this would be an interesting few weeks.