At Peace [D.D]

Requested: Reader appeals to Daniela's lovesick delusions to survive.

Unedited!

• • •

This was probably the stupidest thing you could've done.

You were in one of the grand hallways, the library right behind you. All of the maids were informed that a man who went by the name of Ethan Winters was loose somewhere in the castle. So, naturally, you took a chance to disobey Lady Dimitrescu's order to stay put- hoping that the distraction of Ethan would be chaotic enough for you to leave the castle without getting caught.

You tried to still your rapidly beating heart as you kneeled in front of one of the ladies of the castle. The youngest daughter of the matriarch- more specifically. She had caught you, her amber eyes that was once filled with hunger was replaced with confusion as she saw you on one knee.

A sharp sickle was clutched in her right hand but her grip loosened as she observed you.

A single red rose shook in your hand as you presented it to her, "F-For you, Lady Daniela."

You internally cursed yourself for stuttering, hoping it just made it more believable that you were nervous from 'confessing your love' and not because you knew she could easily kill you in the most brutal way possible.

A moment of pause.

Suddenly you were pinned against the library's closed door, your breath hitched when your back made contact- not harsh but it was still rather unpleasant.

You went completely still as you were now eye to eye with the most unstable member of the Dimitrescu family. You were three inches shorter than her but she still lifted you a bit so you were face to face. If you writhed, you'd probably annoy her and she'd tear you apart- quite literally.

Her hot breath hit your face as she seemed to study you more closely. Her tongue poked out of her lips and her head was tilted as she searched your eyes. You stared back at her, unable to help but think of how adorable she looked while thinking hard about what to do with you.

No, not cute! Definitely not cute!

You berated yourself for even thinking such a thing.

She was your captor! You were her slave! To both her and the rest of her family!

"You are rather more dashing than the other help around here," Daniela murmured after awhile, her tone was light and suggestive.

Her comment had you flush and break eye contact with her.

"Nuh uh," She gently scolded and held your chin in between her thumb and index finger with a warning grip, "Look at me when I'm conversing with you."

You immediately snap your gaze back where it originally was- into her eyes. They normally looked cold and bloodthirsty but right now, her eyes held a trace of curiosity and...hope?

You shivered when she leaned closer into you, both of your lips inches away from each other. Both of your chests were pressed together tightly and you found yourself not minding.

I'm just touch starved, that's it.

A cashmere smirk was on her face at your reaction, "You really are in love with me."

You gulped, not knowing how to respond to her broad accusation. It's not like it was true and if you said that- then you're definitely going to the cellar to suffer a very agonizing and slow death.