Muted

Luna sits next to her older brother Liam while their mum drives them to the high school "The school has been told why Luna is in your classes

Luna sits next to her older brother Liam while their mum drives them to the high school "The school has been told why Luna is in your classes." she tells them. "I know mum." Liam responds pulling a funny face at his sister. Luna giggles as the car comes to a stop. "Okay, remember keep-" their mum starts. "Keep Luna close to me. I know mum. Can we go now?" Liam interrupts. "Yes, go on." she responds. "Bye mummy." Luna smiles. "Bye sweetie." their mum responds as Liam gets Luna out her car seat. Liam places Luna on his hip as he walks towards the school "Hey Liam." Mason says walking over. "Hey man." Liam responds. "Hey Princess Luna." Mason smiles. "Heywo Mason." Luna smiles with a smile and a wave. "Come on, Lacrosse Field is this way." Mason tells them. Luna grins and claps her hands "Lee-Lee pway!" she exclaims. Liam chuckles and kisses her cheek as they start walking towards the locker room "You stay with Mason while I change." he tells her. "Otay Lee-Lee." Luna smiles before reaching over to Mason who takes her into his arms. "You want to watch something on my phone while we wait for Liam?" Mason asks. "Mermaid!" Luna giggles. "Little Mermaid it is." Mason smiles.

Luna sits on Mason's lap while they watch Liam catch all the lacrosse balls before they get into the net "Nice, Liam. You might just be our first ever freshman captain." a guy called Garrett tells him. Luna giggles and claps "Yay Lee-Lee!" she shouts making Liam wave over to her. After practice Liam takes Luna into the changing and sits her on the bench while he puts his gear in his locker. Two guys come over, one Luna recognises as Scott the Captain of the team from when Mason pointed him out "Hey, Liam. You want to explain what that was out there?" a guy with spiked hair asks. Liam turns and looks at him "What do you mean?" he asks him. "That little display. Your little circus act." the guy responds. Luna walks over and tugs on Liam's shirt making him pick her up "What circus act?" he asks the guy. "You caught every shot." the guy tells him. "I was in goal." Liam tells him. "Yeah, but nothing, not a single shot got past you." the spiked haired guy tells him. Luna looks at him in confusion, not knowing what he's talking about "Yeah, I was the goalie. You guys played this game before?" Liam asks.

"You're a freshman, right?" Scott asks him. "Yeah." Liam nods. "But you weren't here last semester." the other guy says. "I transferred from Devenford Prep." Liam lies as Luna rests her head on his shoulder. "You transferred?" Scott asks him. "Yeah." Liam confirms. "No, you got kicked out, didn't you?" Scott asks him. "All right. Look! Kicked out or transferred, what do you guys care? I came here to play lacrosse. The team could use a few good players, right?" Liam asks. "No. No, we don't need any more good players." the spiked haired one responds. "Actually, we could sort of use a couple." Scott tells him. "Okay, how'd you get this good? Have you always been this good? Or did it suddenly happen just once over night. Have you ever been out in the middle of the woods during the night of a full..." they guy starts. "Stiles." Scott cuts him off. Luna looks at Stiles and giggles at the face he's pulling. "Hmm. Look, I learned from my stepfather, all right? He made team captain when he was a sophomore. Like you. And yeah... I guess I'm just that good." Liam says, directing the last bit at Stiles. Luna giggles as Liam carries her out and to his first class of the day.

After school Liam places Luna on the bench by the Lacrosse field "You stay here alright?" he tells her. "Otay, Lee-Lee." Luna nods. "Good, here watch something on my phone and there's some snacks in your bag with a juice box." Liam smiles handing her his phone and kissing her head. Luna giggles and starts watching Cinderella on his phone while her starts Lacrosse Tryouts. After half hour Liam runs over to her "Hey Lu." he smiles before drinking some water out his bottle. Luna smiles up at him "Lee-Lee run fast!" she giggles. "Yeah I did." Liam smiles. "I run fast too." Luna tells him. "You do. You know I think you might be faster than me." Liam tells her. "Really?" Luna asks him. "Yeah, I do." he smiles kissing the top of her head before lining up with the other. Luna smiles and goes back to watching Cinderella until she hears Liam cry out in pain "Lee-Lee!" she shouts running over to him. "I'm alright Lu." Liam assures her trying to hide his pain from his baby sister. "Don't move! Don't touch him!" Coach shouts as he rushes over. Scott helps Liam up while Luna holds Liam's hand. "I'm okay, Coach. I'm all right. Ahhh! I think it's my leg." Liam says crying out as he tries to put pressure on it. Scott and Stiles steady him while Luna whimpers slightly "I think we better get him to the nurse." Stiles says.

Liam gets checked by the nurse being told to go to the hospital to get it checked out. Luna follows the three boys into the locker room where they get there stuff, Luna looks at Liam who smiles at her "I'm alright Lu. I've just hurt my leg." he tells her. Walking in Scott crouches down in front of Luna "Hey you're Luna right?" he asks her gently. "Uh huh. Lee-Lee my big bubba." Luna nods. "Okay. I'm Scott and that's Stiles. Liam's hurt his leg so we're going to take him to the hospital, do you want to come and look after him?" he asks her. Luna nods and motions for Scott to pick her up, smiling Scott does so and carries her out to a blue jeep "Pwetty car." Luna smiles. "You are now my favourite person." Stiles tells her making Luna giggle. "You funny." she tells him once Scott puts her in the back of the jeep. Liam sits next to Luna and starts playing with her hair "LeeLee, me tired." she mumbles. "Go to sleep Lu." Liam tells her gently. Nodding Luna gently climbs onto his lap and rests her head on his chest before slowly falling asleep.

Luna whines when she's moved from Liam's chest "Just me Luna." Scott tells her. Luna rubs her eyes and looks round realising that they're at the hospital "Daddy work here." she says. "So does my mum." Scott tells her. "You're mummy work here with daddy?" she asks him. "Yeah she does." Scott nods with a smiles while carrying her inside, Stiles helping Liam. They stop at reception where they find a lady with dark curly hair "Uh... Hi, Mom." Scott says making Luna wave at her. Melissa sighs at her son before grabbing a wheelchair for Liam and helping him in it. Luna wiggles down and goes over to Liam "Who's this pretty little one?" Melissa asks. "I Luna. Lee-Lee my big bubba. You Scotty's mummy?" Luna asks. "I am Scott's mum. You want to come with your brother?" Melissa asks her. Luna nods making Melissa pick her up and sit her on Liam's lap "Don't worry, Liam. We'll take good care of you." she tells the teen as she pushes him towards a room.

Liam sits on the bed with Luna watching Mulan on his phone with Luna where their dad walks in "Daddy!" Luna grins. "Hey Baby Girl" Dr Geyer smiles before checking Liam's leg. "Okay, just..." he trails off. "It's broken, isn't it?" Liam asks. "It's definitely going to need an X-ray." Dr Geyer tells him. "It's broken. And it's my fault." Liam tells him. "You want to tell me what happened?" Dr Geyer asks his step son. "I went up against two juniors. One of them is captain of the team." Liam explains. "Remember what we always say? Play smart, not hard." he responds. "Are you mad at me?" Liam asks. "No, of course not. Your mom might be mad at me for getting you into lacrosse, but maybe we should both wait for the X-ray before we panic. And trust me... I have more reason to panic than you. It's not over yet. Wait for that X-ray." Dr Geyer says before kissing Luna's head and walking out. Luna smiles at her brother "Don't be sad Lee-Lee." she tells him. "Okay Lu. I won't be sad." Liam responds before tickling her slightly.

After a while Luna is falling asleep cuddled into Liam's side when they both suddenly hear something in the hallway, Liam gets up and hobbles over to the doorway "Hey! Anyone hear that?" he calls out. Luna whimpers slightly and runs over to his side "thought I heard someone..." Liam starts only to be cut off by a guy running over with glowing white eyes and razor sharp teeth. He grabs Luna's arm and Liam before pulling them up a stairwell and to the roof. Luna cries slightly as she tries to get her arm free, the guy holds Liam round the neck as he drops Luna to the floor. Scott comes running out the door as a Luna curls in on herself slightly "Get back!" the guy warns Scott. "Don't! You don't need to do this. Whatever it is-- whatever you are-- we can help you." Scott tries. "No, you can't!" they guy tells him. "Let me help you." Scott tells him. "Wendigos don't need help-- we need food!" they guy growls before Liam gets free. Luna screams as she watches her brother tumble over the edge of the roof "Oh, God! No! No!" Scott exclaims as he runs over. "I can't hold on!" Liam exclaims as the guy attacks Scott as he tries to help. Scott use his teeth to grab the younger teen, Luna watches as the Wendigo is killed and Liam is pulled onto the roof by Scott. Luna runs over to Liam and snuggles into his neck as she cries "Shhh, it's okay Lu. I got you." Liam reassures her.