Time of Death

Luna sits on a counter in the McCall's kitchen swinging her legs back and forth and singing to herself as the teens get ready for their plan "Is three enough?" Kira asks as they put down the laptops

Luna sits on a counter in the McCall's kitchen swinging her legs back and forth and singing to herself as the teens get ready for their plan "Is three enough?" Kira asks as they put down the laptops. "Depends on how many cameras they have... But I think so." Stiles nods. "Are we really doing this?" Liam asks them. "We're doing it... tonight." Scott confirms. "But isn't it kind of dangerous...?" the Beta asks. "It's incredibly dangerous and borderline idiotic." Stiles confirms. "Have you guys done something like this before?" Liam questions. "Something dangerous? Or something idiotic?" Stiles asks. "I think it's a "yes" to both..." Kira tells him. "You don't have to be part of it if you don't want to..." Scott tells his Beta. "I'm not scared!" Liam denies. "Then you're borderline idiotic." Stiles tells him. "Scotty, help! I stuck!" Luna calls. Scott turns round and lifts Luna off the counter letting her start colouring in the book she brought with her. Stiles looks at everyone "If we do this, we don't know what's coming for us. You know that, right?" he asks. "How do we know something's definitely coming?" Kira asks. "Because the tape from Garrett's bag said "visual confirmation required."" Scott tells her. "Simon said the same thing... he couldn't get paid by the Benefactor until he had proof that you guys were dead." Stiles adds. "So, the idea is... What if you kill someone on the Deadpool, but you can't send the proof?" Scott says. "You don't get paid." Kira tells him. "But how does that get us any closer to the Benefactor?" Liam asks. "He still needs to know if the target is really dead." Scott explains. "Especially if it's someone high on the list." Stiles adds. "So, if he wants visual confirmation..." Liam trails off. "He's going to have to come himself." Scott finishes. Luna gets up and tugs on Stiles' arm making him kneel down to her level "I colwered you Batman!" she smiles handing him the coloured drawing of the superhero. "Aww that Luna, I'll put this in my room when I get home." he tells her. Luna smiles and climbs into his arms before falling asleep with her head on his shoulder "I guess we should head to the hospital, we'll meet you there." Stiles tells Scott and Kira before carrying the sleeping toddler to the jeep.

Luna wakes up to Liam talking "Is that supposed to look like that?" he asks. "No. No, it's not..." Stiles responds as Luna looks round and realises that they're in one of the hospital rooms. "Where is that?" Kira asks. "The roof. Someone's gonna have to go check it out." Stiles tells her. "I'll go." Kira says. "Whoa, whoa... This might not just be a malfunction." Stiles says. "That's why I'm bringing this." Kira tells him showing him her sword. "I'm coming with you!" Liam tells her kissing his sister's head before following the Kitsune. "Okay... And you're both coming right back. Immediately." Stiles tells them before looking at Luna and sighing "Kids..." he tells her. Luna smiles sweetly at him "Can I watch something on your phwone?" she asks. "I can do better than that." Stiles tells her pulling an iPad out his bag. Luna grins as he puts the kids Batman show on for her "Batman!" she grins, getting immersed in the show.

As Luna watches Batman the lights and cameras suddenly go off making her whimper, Stiles picks her up and lets her scent marks by rubbing her head in his neck "The power's out in the whole building. I lost all the cameras." he tells Argent. "Stay with Scott. Text me if you see or hear anything." Argent responds, heading out the door. "Come on Luna, let's go keep an eye on Scotty." Stiles tells the toddler, walking out the room and to the morgue. After a few minutes he pulls out his phone and calls Argent who doesn't pick up "Come on, come on... Answer the phone... Answer the phone, Argent! Come on, Argent, answer the phone... Why are you not answering the phone?" he rambles making Luna giggle at him slightly. Argent suddenly gets pushed through the double doors, sliding across the floor at them "I was right. Stiles, get yourself and Luna out of here!" Argent exclaims as Kate Argent walks in. "Get out of the way, Stiles. I'm taking the body." Kate tells Stiles who is hiding Luna behind him. "Why? Visual confirmation?" he asks. "Don't worry, handsome. I'm not the Benefactor." Kate responds. "Then what do you want with the body?" Argent asks. "I wish I could tell you." Kate tells him.

Argent pulls out a second pistol and points it at her "I always forget you carry two" Kate sighs. "Back off!" Argent warns her. "You sure you can pull the trigger fast enough?" Kate asks. "I don't want to." Argent tells her. "You're not going to kill me." Kate responds. "I'm not going to let you take his body." Argent counters. "Okay, well... obviously, you guys have a lot to talk about... So, maybe I saw some coffee, a vending machine, outside...?" Stiles rambles. Luna tugs on the back of Stiles' shirt making him turn and pick her up, placing her on his hip "Listen to me, Kate. We have a plan." Argent tells his sister. "If killing Scott was part of it, you're worse than me." Kate retorts. "He's telling the truth, we're trying to get to the Benefactor." Stiles explains as Luna rests her face in his neck. "If you didn't notice, you're on that list, too and you're worth more than most." Argent tells Kate. "That's why I'm here." Kate tells him. "Then back off and let us do what we planned. Take the Berserkers and go. Kate, please. We have a plan." Argent tells her. Kate sighs but nods, leaving the thee of them in the morgue "You okay Luna?" Stiles asks. Luna nods "She meanie." she tells him making him smile and ruffle her hair.

Luna stays in Stiles' arms as Kira wakes Scott up "AHHHHHHH! What happened? Did it work?" Scott asks. Liam suddenly runs up looking at Kira "...What?" she asks. "It's your mother... She's hurt..." Liam explains. Scott sits up and pulls on the shorts Stiles hands him as Kira runs out the room, once he has Luna jumps out of Stiles' arms and into his "Hey Luna." Scott smiles as she runs her face in his neck. "Stay." Luna tells him. "You want to stay with me tonight?" Scott asks making her nod. "Let's go ask my mum and your dad." Scott tells her.

Later Luna lies on Scott's chest, slowly falling asleep, as he and Kira lie on his bed talking "My mom's being taken to a hospital in Palo Alto. They actually put her in a helicopter." Kira explains. "But she's going to be okay?" Scott asks. "Yeah... She just doesn't heal like she used to. I need to be there with her, especially if she's still on the list." Kira responds. "I know. You should go. I actually have to go back to the hospital, too... They want to do a bunch of tests, since I was kind of officially dead..." Scott tells her. "I guess Liam's dad has a lot of questions?" Kira asks. "Yeah." Scott responds, smiling as Luna sleepily puts her face in his neck. "I just wish it had all worked. It was a good plan." Kira tells him. "Yeah, I've been thinking about that, too. And actually, I think maybe it did work. Not that I know exactly who the Benefactor is, but we might know a lot more about him now..." Scott trails off. "But no one came. And no one got visual confirmation, right?" Kira asks. "That's why it might have worked! Think about it; who has the power to know when someone's dead, but doesn't need to see the body to know it happened?" Scott asks her. "...A Banshee." Kira realises.