Chapter One

" Ladies and gentlemen, Airten welcomes you to Los Angeles. The local time is 7 o'clock pm. For your safety and the safety of those around you, please remain seated with your seat belt fastened and keep the aisle(s) clear until we are parked at the gate. The Captain will then turn off the "Fasten Seat Belt" sign, indicating it is safe to stand. Please use caution when opening the overhead compartments and removing items, since articles may have shifted during flight." said the flight attendant over the loudspeaker, I sighed pushing back my hair, getting ready to buckle up.

"Miss, you have to sit down, we are just about to land." I look over and see my best friend Lilia up again.

"But I have to go use the bathroom," she said as she tried to move past the flight attendant.

" Miss, please sit." She said getting annoyed, Lilia huffed and rolled her eyes.

"But look," pointing to the bathroom, where a lady just came out of, " She just got out, why didn't you go bother her saying "Miss please get out?" huh why not." Getting up all on her face, I unbuckled my seatbelt and stood up to stop Lilia from getting us thrown out of the plane.

"Miss you too, please sit down." I nodded, quickly looking around, I noticed some of the passengers were staring at us. I did not like the attention I was getting. I tried to whisper to Lilia to sit down but she ignored me and kept making a scene.

"No! Let me go to the bathroom really quick and I promise to sit down right away." urged Lilia, I tugged on her shirt, so she could just sit and let the poor lady do her job.

" I am going to call security on you, miss!" hissed the lady, she pushed her way out of our way and went to the front of the plane. People around us were telling Lilia to sit down and others were laughing or just ignoring us.

"But this is a plane, what, they're going to fly over here and get me," Lilia said as she put her hands on her hip, meaning it was only the beginning.

" Lilia that's enough!" I quietly yelled at her, and to the lady, I said, "Miss please don't, we'll sit, sorry about that. Carry on with your job now." She narrowed her eyes at me.

"Young lady, are you telling me how to do my job?"

" No miss, b-"

" Then I suggest you sit down. Both of you, now." We both made our way to our seats, Lilia cursing at her as we sat down. I am just hoping security wasn't outside waiting for us.

.

*********************************

" Yes!! We're finally here! Okay, first we got to go to the bathroom and then we-"

"Dude, hold up, go to the bathroom then we can go wherever you wanna go." Lilia laughed and fixed her shirt. We quickly got our stuff and got off the plane, I tried to apologize again to the flight attendant but she ignored me and said goodbye to other people.

"Don't apologize, I don't get why she made me wait when someone was in the bathroom," Lilia said as she threw her carry-on behind her back and fixed her hair. As we made our way toward the exit, we made a beeline toward the bathroom. I felt all the eyes fall on her, as I looked around everyone was enchanted by Lilia. I mean who wouldn't? Lilia has always been the girl everyone wanted to be. The "it" girl if one must say, was average height, 5'4, and though she was short, she always stood tall and made her presence to be known. She has long silky black hair, tanned honey skin, and beautiful features with golden brown eyes. She and I first met in high school, I was in the corner hiding in the library from everyone else, buried in a book that had finally come out. I heard someone sit next to me and ask, "Why are you reading?" I look over and see her, Lilia, she was the popular girl in our school, she looked genuinely concerned as to why I was reading this book.