Chapter Three

"Hey, so where are you going? Are you going home-" Jasmine said but was interrupted by my phone ringing, I pulled out my phone, and it was Aiden.

"What's up?" I asked as we both began to walk toward where we parked.
Jasmine opened the coffee shop, so she was the first to arrive in the parking area, she always parked near the front, and I thankfully found a parking spot near the front too. Yet, I wait with Jasmine before leaving to tell her that I have class soon and will be going to campus if she too wants to come along.

"Arden, do me a solid please," Aiden asked on the phone, I could hear people in the background laughing and muffled noises.

"What? What are you talking about?" I asked, and Jasmine was putting her stuff away and walked around the car towards Arden. "Hurry up Aiden, I have to get to class, what do you want?"

"My buddy here, you just met him said he applied to work with you. So hire him." Arden scoffed and hung up.

"What did he want?" Jasmine asked, I put my phone away and looked over at Jasmine.

"Nothing he's being stupid, but I was going to tell you that I am heading back to campus for class then afterward I might go to the library to study for a while. Want to come with?"

"I'd go with you but I have to finish a project with my group, but for some magical reason we finish early, I'll text you if you are still in the library." I agreed and walked to her car, waving goodbye to Jasmine. I quickly walk to my car, get in quick and lock the doors, put on my playlist, and head over to class. My class began at 5 o'clock, so I wasn't late but the campus wasn't far from my job.

Arriving with a few minutes to spare, I take my time to get to class. My class only lasts for two hours which isn't as bad as my other lectures. Time goes by and finally class is over, I noticed that Jasmine texted me that she could head over to the library so we could both study. I decide to pack up and leave, putting on my headphones, and make my way to the library. Passing other students, I am only thinking about the chain on the guy, and also how dumb my brother is for trying to help Niall get the job. It wasn't my decision or say to hire Niall but it was up to Jasmine. I smiled to myself knowing Jasmine would say yes to Niall, so I didn't need to "do a solid" for Aiden in helping Niall get in. As I near the library doors,  I reach for the door,  but before I do, the door is swung open forcefully.

"What the heck!" I said as the person stepped out, I looked up and saw it was the same guy from work who almost got coffee thrown at him. I stepped back while looking at the guy. He didn't say anything but looked down at me, he moved to the side while looking at me as he held the door. He was tall, he had brown curly hair but was hidden by his red hat, and his chain that I saw earlier was out. He was wearing a new shirt from the one at the cafe, it was black this time, and he was wearing a black zip-up over it and dark jeans with dark New Balance shoes.

"Thanks..." I said as I walked in, looking back at him as I saw him walk away. I wondered if he was always this rude. Shaking the thought of him I went to look for an empty table. I found one on the third floor, it was in the back hidden so I felt that they wouldn't be disturbed. I sat my stuff down, connected my computer to the charger, placed my notebooks on the table, took out my iPad, and looked at the time on my phone. Jasmine was running a little late. I continued to get my stuff out and I heard a noise in the corner on my right. Looking in that direction and saw nothing but the long rows of bookshelves. Going back to my work, when I got a text from Jasmine, saying she was running late and would be there in 20 minutes. I told her it was okay, and continued with my studies. Focusing on my iPad notes, where I was working on my research paper, I heard someone walking nearby. Taking off my headphones to listen usually, the third floor around this time was empty and not many students would use it. I was surprised it wasn't empty beside myself and soon Jasmine. I heard someone walking around near me, so I took off my headphones, waited, and listened. The walking stopped, but now I heard giggling. Gross, is all I could think of since I knew why there was giggling happening. Rolling my eyes, I continued to work on her research when in the corner of my eye I saw someone walking towards me. Looking up fully to see Mia, the girl who tried to throw coffee at that one guy, yet it landed on me, and a random guy tailing behind her. She was practically dragging him behind her, a big smile on her face.