Tea with Cam (Remake)

I wasn't very proud of the original and I've been in a nice blanket of writers block so I figured this could be an easy thing to get me back in the groove. I hope y'all like this better than the previous one. (Btw I will be working on the requested oneshots soon. Sorry for the long wait)

Cam's listener POV:

You give an annoyed sigh and let your head droop. Your homework has been killing you over the past few days. All you've done is read the same paragraph over and over without registering any of the words. For all you knew, the words could be in a whole different language.

Cam looked at you from across the table with sympathy in his eyes. He gave a small hum before closing the black book he was previously studying with a soft thud.

"How about we take a break, huh? You look tired... and slightly like you're about to throw your laptop."

You chuckle dryly and think it over for a minute before agreeing that a break might be for the best.

Cam smiled and stood up from the kitchen table. "I'm going to go get some tea for us. What kind do you want?"

You tell him your favorite tea, he smiles and heads to the kitchen.

You stretched your stiff muscles and shut your laptop. Your eyes felt heavy from staring at your screen for way too long, and your neck was sore from looking down at the many papers scattered across the table.

Cam was right, this break was very needed.

Cam appears from the kitchen, now holding two mugs with paper tags dangling from the edge of the cups. He gives you a big smile, and he says in a cheery voice, "How 'bout we go to the living room to drink these? By chance with a movie too? I am sure that you're tired of sitting at the table." You agree and follow him to the living room.

Cam put the mugs down on the coffee table while you flopped down on the couch. "One sec, I'm going to go get my blanket. Be right back." With that he scurried off, leaving you to get settled in"

You looked down at the two mugs on the table. One was a white with the words "World's Best Gym Coach" with 'Gym Coach' crossed out and replaced with "Dad". The other had a family portrait of the Gregors on a gray background.

Only one person on the mug you have yet to meet. Cam's eldest brother, Logan. As far as you knew, Logan was working on moving out of the house. You hoped you'd be able to meet him before he left, but at this rate, you would have to actually set up a date to meet.

You grabbed the mug with the "World's Best" spiel on it and took a sip without much thought. As soon as the warm liquid hit your tongue, you were hit with an overpowering fruity sweetness.

You made a noise of surprise and rushed to put the mug back down, spilling some on the table as a result.

You hear a chuckle from the doorway and quickly turn your head to see who was there.

Much to your surprise, you saw Abe standing there, holding back a laugh.

"Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to startle you. I went to get some coffee and noticed you and Cam weren't at the table anymore, so I figured I'd check up on y'all."

Abe looks at your face, which still had shock from the intensely sweet tea plastered on it, then the cup, then the spill, and a smile spread on his face.

"I see you've discovered my son's tea preferences," He chuckled and leaned against the door frame. "Just a word of advice, don't drink from the world's best cup. It's his favorite mug, and he puts WAY too much sweetener in his tea."

You chuckle and nod in agreement and understanding

Abe looks around for a moment, "Speaking of my son, where is he?"

You explain that Cam is upstairs looking for his blanket before you take a movie break.

Abe nods with a sneaky smile, "Mhm, got it. Just make sure that you do more Netflix-ing rather than chilling, got it?" He looks at you jokingly and you playfully roll your eyes before agreeing that you'll keep the chilling to a minimum.

"Hey, dad?!" You hear Cam shout from upstairs.

Abe turns his head towards the stairs and raises an eyebrow, "Yeah?!"

"Did mom wash my blanket?! I can't find it!"

"Yeah, she did! Check on top of the dryer!"

"Okay! Thank you!"

Abe shook his head with a smile, "Well, anyways. How about I go get you some paper towels so you don't end up staining my table?"

You look away, embarrassed, and agree that it should probably get cleaned.

He leaves the room and comes back with a roll of paper towels. "Here ya are. Well, you know what to do. I'm going to go back upstairs. You two have fun, alright?"

You take it from him and tell him your goodbyes

You start to clean up the mess and get about halfway done before you hear someone behind you again. You look to find Cam with a fluffy white blanket that has obviously been well-loved.

"What happened to the tea?"

You pause for a second before telling him he needs to put less sweetener in his tea.

Cam looks at you, confused, while you finish cleaning up.

"I still don't understand, but alright then" He sits down on the couch and you throw the paper towels away.

Once the both of you were situated all comfy-cozy-like on the couch, you comment about how his tea was ridiculously sweet and fruity compared to your normal tea.

Cam realizes what happened and gives an embarrassed chuckle, "Sorry, I probably should have told you which tea was which, huh?"

You laugh, nudge him and tell him that he really should

You both laugh and pick out a movie that neither of you got through before falling asleep

The end