The Midwest - Broken Bones

Author's Note: Two injured states!

Possible warning: I don't describe injuries in too much detail except for that people don't wanna look at a character's broken arm. A few states have been drinking alcohol, but just enough to bar them from driving. (a few cuss words mighta slipped by as well)

Cool little fun fact: I actually got the messed up texting by using my non-dominant hand on my phone and copy-pasting the results. (I was also on pain meds from surgery, but I don't think that played too much into it).

----

Oklahoma finished his rounds around the house asking for last minute grocery items. With the exception of Maryland's items, everything had made it on the list this time. But if somebody did forget something, they would probably just spam the group chat.

When he got back downstairs Texas, North Carolina, and South Carolina were arguing with Michigan and Indiana about South Carolina's truck. The thing was in desperate need of repairs, and the southern states were refusing Michigan and Indiana's help, even though they both knew a lot about vehicles. (Probably more than the southern states did if Oklahoma was being truthful).

Alabama, Mississippi, and Arkansas were sitting on the fence post switching between playing Cards Against Humanity on their phones and watching the cornhole tournament that the Midwest had set up. New Hampshire, Maine, and Oregon were waiting for Oklahoma by New Hampshire's car.

"Hey y'all, Maryland says to check on the laundry and make sure it gets switched." Oklahoma called to the three southern states on the fence post before getting in the car. He didn't hear the response, but through the rear-view mirror he could see Arkansas throw his hands up in defeat at losing 'noes-goes'.

The group narrowly avoided South Dakota on their way out, who was doing bike tricks without paying attention to his surroundings again. At least he was wearing a helmet this time.

"Ope, hey South Dakota. You sure you don't wanna join us?" Wisconsin yelled. "We could switch players out so you and North Dakota here got a chance to play."

North Dakota snorted in slight disgust. "Why would I wanna be on his team? He'll just drag me down. I'm the better Dakota for a reason dontcha know."

"You're not the better Dakota." South Dakota called back. He had come to a slight stop in order to align his bike better. This next trick was going to be a jump off the ramp he had set up earlier. "Why dontcha go eat some puppy chow or something?"

Wisconsin was going to call back, but then Illinois managed to get one of his bags in the hole and his attention was redirected back to the game. There was no way he was going to let Iowa and Illinois win.

Perhaps somebody should've been keeping an eye on the daredevil though. Nobody's quite sure quite how it happened, but one minute South Dakota was in the air and the next he had crashed into Michigan and South Carolina's truck. The crash was loud and caught the attention of everybody around.

Minnesota was the first to react. He dropped his bean bag and ran over to make sure everybody was okay. He pulled the now slightly mangled bike off of South Dakota, who was nursing his right arm. Thankfully he had been wearing a helmet, which was more than could be said for Michigan.

The Great Lakes state had been knocked out temporarily. Missouri signaled for Nebraska to run inside to grab Massachusetts or somebody with medical experience. Michigan was starting to wake up, but he was drowsy and off-balance. Hopefully just a concussion and not something worse.

"What the hell was that?" South Carolina asked. The side of his truck now had a dent in it from where South Dakota had crashed. "What'd you crash into my truck for? The hell is wrong with y'all."