Chapter 3 (Josh's POV)

Chapter 3 (Josh’s POV)

About two weeks later, I’m sitting at home alone. Molly went somewhere for work, telling me she would be back around four. It’s only about two right now.

I’m flipping through channels on the T.V. when there’s a knock on the door and then it opens as Cody walks into the house.

I sit up a little, looking to see who it is, but when Lydia carefully toddles into the living room with Cody holding her hands above her head to balance her, I lie back down. “Say ‘Hello,’” Cody says to Lydia. She just giggles, obviously. She’s too young to talk, still.

“Hi, guys.” I say in a cheery voice.

Cody lets go of Lydia’s hands. She wobbles for a minute, then falls backwards on her butt. She quickly recovers and starts crawling around, picking up one of the dog’s toys.

“What’s up?” Cody asks, sitting down on the other couch.

“Nothing, really.” I say, sitting up. “I’ve been laying around all day, so far.”

“Where’s Molly?” He asks.

“Ah, she went somewhere for work.”

“Did she have a photoshoot?” He asks.

“I don’t think so. There wasn’t one on the calendar, at least. She’s supposed to be back around four. What have you guys been doing?”

“Nothing.” Cody says, laughing a little bit. “I was hoping you guys were doing something so we could possibly join you.”

“We could do something later if you wanted to. But I don’t know what we’d do.”

“We could just hang out, I guess. I needed to talk to Molly about something.”

“What did you need to talk to her about?” I ask.

He shrugs his shoulders a little. “It’s kind of personal.”

“Well, you can tell me about it if you want, but you don’t have to.”

“Did Molly ever tell you about what happened between Alex and I?” He asks.

“If she did, I don’t remember. Why? What happened?”

“Well, he gave me a hand job.” He laughs.

“Oh. I didn’t know that happened. I don’t even know who Alex is, honestly.”

“Alex is a friend from High School. But, yeah. That happened.”

“Okay. So what does that have to do with anything?”

He pauses for a second, then looks at me. “It happened in your bed.”

“Oh, that’s just wonderful. When did this happen? Are we sure Molly isn’t pregnant with your child?” I laugh.

He laughs, too. “No, it was a while ago. When you were in Atlanta. And she made me wash the sheets right after.”

I laugh again. “Good. But what does that have to do with anything?”

“I’ve just been thinking a lot about it.”

“Yeah?”

He smiles a little bit. “Yeah. Thinking about it. Thinking about girls, thinking about guys. Thinking about how I feel about them.”

“And how do you feel about them?”

“Not really equal. I’ve had too many bad experiences with women to say that I like them all too much. I think I might be gay.” He says, laughing a little bit.