Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Josh wakes up with a start.

I put my hands on either side of his face and turn his head so he’s looking at me. He calms down almost instantly. “Where are we at?” He asks.

“In an E.R. bed,” I explain. “You fainted.”

“I fainted? Where at?”

“In the exam room.” I say. “Do you even remember?”

He shrugs his shoulders. “I guess I don’t.” He pauses and thinks. “Well, I remember being in the exam room and everything. I remember you holding my hand and lying on the table.”

“Do you remember seeing the ultrasound?” I ask, hoping he does.

He shakes his head. “I’m sorry. I feel awful.”

“Don’t worry.” I smile. “I got a DVD of it. We can watch it when we get home.”

He nods his head. “When can we go home?” He asks.

“Well they told me to call a nurse when you woke up.”

He rubs his head and then kicks the blankets off of him. “Where are my shoes?” He asks. I pick them up off the floor and set them on his bed before I press the call button for the nurse’s station.

He’s just finished putting his shoes on when a nurse pulls the curtain back.

“How are you feeling?” She asks him, grabbing his wrist and taking his pulse.

“I have an awful headache.” He says.

“That’s normal.” She says. She takes his blood pressure. “It should go away in a couple hours. The good news is, you didn’t hit your head when you fell, but if it doesn’t go away by tomorrow, then I should expect to see you again.”

He nods his head and then has him sign some papers.

On the way home, we stop by the pharmacy and pick up my prescription for prenatal vitamins and then pick up some Chinese take out.

“So, you don’t remember why you fainted?” I ask, putting the DVD in the DVD player in the loft. He shakes his head.

After Josh was taken to the emergency room, I got to finish my ultrasounds, thankfully.

When Doctor Smith labels the two little bloops on the screen with ‘Baby A’ and ‘Baby B,’ it sets in once again for Josh.

“There’s two!” He yells. “Two?”

I laugh. “Two.”

“Twins? Are they identical?” He asks.

“Well, there are two different placentas, to they are probably not identical. I think.”

He looks at me. “Do you think we can handle two babies?” He asks.

I shrug my shoulders. “I think we could. Do you think we can?”

“We’re going to have to.” He smiles.

He watches the TV for a few more minutes until it’s over. He get’s to hear both heartbeats and get’s to see the babies be measured.

I am nine weeks pregnant and my babies, who are due on July 19th, are both the size of an olive.

“How do you know what kind of food to compare them to?” Josh asks.

“That’s just what the doctor says.”

“You have olives in your uterus, Mol.” He laughs.