Chapter 1

Hello and nice to meet you. I am a dimensional traveller. I go from one parallel world to another. I watch the story of the other world and see how history played differently.

How do I travel from one dimension to another? Well, I'm afraid I can't tell you that. It's a secret I'd like to keep to my grave.

So why am I here talking to you? Well, one of the parallel world I've gone to has a pretty unique story. In fact, so unique that I believe I should share the story.

To begin, let's set the scene. In January 1945, Germany was in a grim situation. She was losing her war. Her economy was crippled and her population starving. Her allies turned against her and a war of expansion has turned into a war for survival.

Japan was in no better position. Japan had allied herself with Germany, but she too was in a hopeless position. She lost much of her navy and was crippled in terms of supplies. Her home island was then under threat of invasion.

Italy is almost completely crushed. Their army, being the weakest of the three biggest axis countries, was crushed by the allies. The government has surrendered to the allies and now only a small fraction of Italians are still fighting the allies and they still required German help to continue fighting.

For the axis faction, the war was becoming their doom. But for the allies, glorious victory was awaiting them at the end of their long journey.

Britain has repaid Germany's bombing. Her troops now in mainland Europe and pushing into Germany along the Americans.

The French, previously defeated by Germany, came back with her allies to exact vengeance on the one who conquered them years earlier.

America, who was initially uninvolved the war, was dragged in and broke the balance of power, causing the tide of the war to change in a matter of months. Now her soldiers are fighting to liberate Europe and then there would be time for Japan.

Soviet Union, previously embarrassed and suffered hardships of war, is now marching to Berlin with an army twice the number of Germany's entire military force. Every soldier of the union was thirsty for blood and vengeance for the humiliation and the damage their country had suffered.

China too, was earning victory. They had suffered defeat after defeat in the hands of the Japanese, but with perseverance and determination, they ferociously counterattacked and were making grounds pushing Japanese from their homeland.

All seemed to be lost for the axis powers. Fortunately, the axis power has a trump card. At 1938, Germany had dug up an ancient relic in the city of Vienna. They got a clue of the relic's whereabouts thanks to a book Walter Freuz wrote, "Relic of the Past".

I never got to read the book, so I don't know where the relic came from, but I heard the book hinted at one location of the relic. Someone in the Nazi Reich believed what was written in the book and dug it up. The Nazi leadership realized that the relic was a potential super weapon, so they poured in funds to research and use the relic.

The Nazis scrambled to find documents involving the relic. One manuscript they found pointed out that the relic they dug out was only one of many relics in the world. Unfortunately, most documents regarding the relics had been lost to time, so Germany only found one relic and couldn't get more.

The Nazi focused a lot of funds on the relic. The V2 rocket, the Schwerer Gustav, and the Maus tank? They never existed in this universe. Hitler thought focusing on the relic would be more worthwhile than the other super weapon projects.

In our universe, Erwin Rommel was forced to suicide because Hitler suspected he was involved in a coup and assassination attempt at his life. For some reason, this alternate universe didn't have that happen. Rommel was the one to dig out the relic, so when the coup happened, Rommel's name still came up, but Hitler believed the conspirators of the coup to be lying when they brought Rommel's name, so Rommel was not executed.