Chapter 2

The Japanese did a pretty good job at keeping secrets though. Unlike the Germans where some the Soviet and British agents managed to get some small lead, the Japanese kept everything a secret. The Americans never had suspicion regarding the Japanese. This somewhat makes sense. The Japanese couldn't use their relic to build weapons, so nothing significant happened too quickly.

So, the early months of 1945 ended. Let's make a recount of what happened so far. The Germans obtained the relic, using it to manufacture weapons and temporarily stopped the western allies and the Soviet from their advances. British are on a wild goose chase, while the Soviets still hadn't gotten a clear idea of Germany's secret. Japan had a relic as well, and no allied nation knew about it.

So far, thing are looking pretty bad for the allied nations, and it seemed there's hope for the axis forces, isn't there? I will remind every one of you reading my story here not to jump to the conclusion the axis would get a victory. In the world where I came from and where you should be now, the axis nation looked like they were winning, only to lose in the end.

What I'm trying to say is the initial result of something does not necessarily decide the ending. Take chess for an example. Even people with severe disadvantage may win if he's lucky or skilled in endgames. The similar would apply here. Don't simply assume the axis nations won, but don't assume either that the allied nation would still crush them. The story would lose its meaning if you already know the ending, would it not?

So, now that I said that, shall we continue our saga? We are now entering April of 1945. Battle of Berlin never happened. The wermacht wasn't pushed back and with their newfound source of fuel and steel, they are stronger.

It didn't necessarily mean the wermacht was back to full strength though. The wermacht lacked experienced soldiers, and they also needed food supply, for their food supply called France have become a warzone.

So far after the Battle of Ardennes, the Wermacht has chosen only to conduct small skirmishes against the allied soldiers. Unbeknownst to them, the allied too, chose only to conduct small skirmishes. Both sides have reasons for doing so.

The Wermacht didn't have enough power to do anything large. If they attempted to force it, they'd probably be repelled and efforts will be wasted. The allies had the strength, but they lack intel on what they're facing, so they refuse to push into German territory. The western front and the eastern front were quiet.

That did not stop British agents and Soviet infiltrators to stop collecting information though. British agents have reported the suspicious site and Britain is planning to send commandos to raid the site. Soviets were sending their spies to infiltrate German cities to gather information. The Soviets could not simply attack Germany because they needed to gather reinforcements to make up for the loss in February.

Contrast this situation with the situation in Italy. The allies chose to try and push at the German's weakest point, Italy. Indeed, Italy was the weakest point Germany had. They drew reserves from Italy to push the western allies back and to deal a blow to the Soviets. But weak does not describe the German forces in Italy.

The Germans had to concede land to the allies, but the allies had to pay a steep price for every inch of ground. The allies manage to push 5 to 7 km depending on the sector, with the cost of one thousand men dying or injured for every km.

The German force in Italy weren't idle while their other forces fought in the eastern front and western front. They had dug in and created defensive measure so thick and strong, they could probably hold out even with heavily being outnumbered. That is, assuming logistics and supplies wouldn't falter.

So the European front was a stalemate. Not because both sides were equally strong, but because both sides refuse to go on the offensive. So what about the Pacific theatre? What happened to Japan? What were they doing?