Chapter 23

"Hi." my mother said into the phone. I was stunned silent. How does she have my number? Why is this a Minnesota area code? Why is she calling? Shit say something Cry.

"Why are you calling me?" I say

"Well I'm in town staying at a hotel, and me and your father would like to see you." she say.

"Why?" my dad's here. I miss my parents, I really do, but they don't want to see me. Wait she just said they did. Why?

"Well, we-I wanted to apologize about our argument. We were hoping you'd come eat maybe." she said. Alone with my parents, after everything. I want someone there someone on my side. And I know who.

"Okay," I say after a long pause of thinking, my mother lets out a breath,"if I can bring someone."

"Who did you have in mind?" she asked slowly.

"Alex, my boyfriend." I said.

"That's the only person you want to come?" she says. I roll my eyes of course she'd say that.

"Yes. Where did you want to meet?"

"Dinner? We have a rental car, and we're staying at a hotel down from where you are playing. So we can pick you up-"

"No," she wont be in charge of our transportation if things go bad I want to leave when I can, "We can get a way there just tell me when and where." I surprise myself with my assertiveness.

"The man downstairs said there is a restaurant not far from here. Nothing fancy he said but just a simple Italian place. Called Mimi's."

"Okay. I have to go now mom bye see you soon." I say hanging up not waiting for her to say anything else. I let out a breath and take a deep one in. I feel like a just ran a mile. Shit! I make my way back to side stage butting my nails hoping Alex will come with me tonight. They're doing Somewhere In Neverland when i get back.

"You okay?" Sam shouts. I just nod. He knows I'm lying but he just drops it. I'll tell everyone together back on the bus.

Wendy run away with me. I know I sound crazy don't you see what you do to me. I wanna be you're lost boy...

Alex sings to me and winks. Did he mean to look at me at that one line. Probably means nothing.

The bands set ends and they come off and I think about how to tell Alex my mom called. He never said it but I think the first impression of my mom left a sour taste in his mouth. He came up to me and gave me a sweaty hug I hugged him back still biting my nail. "You did great babe." I say weakly.

He squints at me. "Either we sucked or somethings wrong." he said.

"I wouldn't say something wrong exactly." I said.

"What is it then." he says taking my hand and walking behind the stage. He grabs a towel to wipe the sweat off of him.

"My mom, she uh, she just called me." he froze for a second yet didn't say anything, "She's here and-"

"She showed up here again!" he says looking around. I laugh a little.

"No Lex. She's in Minnesota at a hotel down the street she invited me to dinner. To talk." my nail returns to its place between my teeth. Alex ran his hand though his hair and rested them on the back of his neck.

"So you're going to see them?" he ask. I just nod a yes. "Well I'd be damned if I let you go without me or anyone for that matter."

"Wait what?" I ask I didn't think that would be...easy. Like really easy.