Surrounded by people but still alone

Morning comes and you barely slept. You managed to get 2 hours of sleep before you woke up and sat by the window, staring into the gaping abyss. It's now 5 AM but you can't possibly sit any longer with the presence of Lou only behind you but her spirit a million miles away. Your heart aches at the thought that this now may just be the flame dimming just before the candle is blew out all together. 

You get up, make a coffee, everyone is sleeping and the sky is barely awake

You get up, make a coffee, everyone is sleeping and the sky is barely awake. You get your bag and take out all the files and notes from the meeting with the lawyers at the MET yesterday, you sit for hours thinking and writing notes on how to evade the law, the papers are scattered over the table in disarray mirroring the thoughts in your head.

The plan for the stealing of the jewels there, the lawyers plan there, the security plan for the MET, the security plan for the Toussaint, camera layout, blindspot, magnet for the necklace, ear pieces. How you will overcome any of the MET lawyers if you run into any problems and how you will evade the law.

All laid out on the table, you run your fingers through your hair and hold your head in stress. Debbie comes down the stairs and sits next to you at the table.

"You're working hard, I'm glad you're on the team. But don't over work yourself y/n. You know where that ended last time... With this Lou situation, give her time to open up. She has never been like this before. She's never been in love." Deb says lovingly.

"I won't and I know, I am giving her space, I'll let her come to me but I don't know what to do with myself Deb I have never been this in love in my life. I just have a really bad feeling that she has had enough, that she doesn't want this relationship..."

Deb doesn't answer.

The rest of the group wake up and Lou kisses you on the head as she passes you to the kitchen but she doesn't say a word. You go through the timetable for the day and get ready for work, everyone leaves the house. Lou got dressed in your room just like every morning, with you but never spoke.

A couple of hours later while you're out at work, you impulsively go to message Lou and ask if she is breaking up with you, why she is so silent but still kissing you on the head. But as you pull out your phone from your blazer pocket, unlock the phone and go to message Lou, the message won't send. You turn it on and off but it won't send.

Has she blocked me?

In an instant you go to message Deb but that message won't send neither. You go home and talk to nine ball about your phone and its problems. Everyone is at home, it was a calm day for work. So the team is just chilling out, that is everyone except Lou, Debbie and Tammy.

Nine ball plugs your phone into her computer and has it fixed in seconds. But it only took seconds for you to realise that messaging Lou would do nothing for the situation you are in other than make it worse and you didn't want to make it any more awful than it was already.