chapter 6

*Shania*

It was finally the weekend and my overprotective mom wanted to meet August so I texted him
Nia- hey guess wat ugly
Aug- you spelled sexy wrong but wats up
Nia- lol but.....this is kinda akward and weird but my Mon wants to meet you..
Aug- are u serious that's great I can't wait for you to meet my family bae
Nia- wait Hol up we not even on et level my mom jus wants to meet you as my friend
Aug- wat ever you no u want me but I'm on my way ok
Nia- just hurry so we can get this over with I have somewhere to be

I went downstairs to see my mom putting the Mac and cheese in the oven (a/n thts wat we do we bake it ikr black people be like) "so is our guest of honor coming tonight." My mom said smiling "yes mom he'll be here in a about an hour, but please mom nothing embarrassing" I told her as she was cooking green beans "honey I'm not I just need to make sure he's nothing like that Kobe boy." She tld me with concern in her eyes. I looked down with sadness "mom could you please don't being that up momma" I told her walking upstairs.
*hour later*

I heard the door bell so I ran downstairs to see that my mom already beat me to it.
"You must be August, please come in I've heard so much about you, Shania come down honey" my mom yelled the rest I waited a little at the top of the stairs and went down.
*August*

I went to sit down prepared for all the questions ms.Tate came and sat all our plates down and I was about to start digging in "ummm August." Ms.Tate said with her and Shania hands holding and they both waiting for my hands to join in I'm guessing to pray so I joined there hands and Shania started praying then we all dug in "so August have you lived here all your life August" she asked me while wiping down her mouth. "Yes ms.Tate born and raised." I told her "oh please call me janae" she told me chuckling. "So how do you feel about my daughter, August." Her mom asked seriously "MOM, you do not have to answer that August." Shania said eyeballing her Mon "no it's ok, well ms.t- janae I feel like maybe we could take this somewhere but I want to take it slow so no one gets hurt." I told her trying to sound polite. "Well good answer, I'm going to take the dishes to the dishwasher" she said getting up "oh I'll help you with that." I told her standing up also "no no you and Shania have some alone time" she said lifting up her eyebrows fast we started laughing and Shania was blushing "but not to much fun" she said sternly at that me and Shania went upstairs into her room which was really nice. "August did you really mean all that stuff about how you want to see where we'll go." She asked me nervously "yes baby girl every word."...

*

*

*

*

*

*

Left y'all with a cliffhanger so my friends at school also read my book and zoe has been begging me to update so this chapter is dedicated to zoe. August in mm.

~Liz~