House Party

By the time Grey, Andrew and I arrived at the party is was just after ten. The rest of the boys were already here as it took me a bit to decide on what to wear and they grew impatient.

I decided on black jeans, ripped at the knees, cuffed at the bottom...my white halter crop top, leather jacket and white docs. To make it a bit interesting for River to look at I added my favourite belt which had a gold chain hanging from it and a snake clasp at the front. My dark curls were messy around my face and shoulders, my make up dark to match my aesthetic.

The house was bigger than the Jetsons. The open concept and high ceilings were overwhelming. The front of the house was crowded with kids. Groups mingling here and there, clusters of different cliques scattered throughout the open floor. The music was deafening and all you could see were mouths moving but no conversation coming out. There was also a thin haze of smoke in the air which danced with the strobe lights illuminating from another room off to the side.

"You good?" Grey shouts from my left.

I nod, "yea i'm good!"

He grabs my wrist gently and pulls me a little closer, bringing his mouth closer to my ear. "Can I get you a drink?"

I nod again, "Yea! Please!"

He disappears from my side quickly leaving Andrew and I standing alone. I awkwardly look around, suddenly feeling slightly overwhelmed. I always liked a good party but I hadn't been to a high school party in a while. I mostly ventured up the street to the community college and caused trouble there. So this was feeling a bit foreign.

Andrew moves a bit closer to me so I can hear him, "I'm a stoner, I don't drink! Would you wanna come hangout with me? Might be a little less intimidating than hanging out with a bunch of drunk people you've never met!" he shouts. I only made out a little bit of what he said. So I just nodded and he grabbed my hand and began to lead me through the crowd to the room off to the left with the strobe light coming out of it.

He leads me into a small room which was much quieter. It is lit only by a glowing blue strobe light and the lights of people's lighters as they light cigarettes and joints. There are about six people sitting on two large couches, spread out and talking. One girl looks up as we enter the room.

"Andrew! Hey, you made it!" she smiles, blushing slightly at the sight of us. Andrew was still holding my hand so I pulled it away. It was obvious she was excited to see Andrew because she liked him.

I looked around at everyone and smiled at the few that acknowledged me. Last face my eyes landed on were Austin's. He was talking to some girl, dressed in all black. Very pretty but it was clear what Austin's vibe was. He knew it was me standing there with Andrew but didn't bother to look up.

He looked nice though. Both Andrew and Austin were tall. Freakishly tall which made them look older which really made it hard to tell how old the twins were. But my god did he look nice leaning back against the couch like that. His long torso looked slim and firm and I could see a little bit of his tanned skin just above his belt and the bottom of his black shirt.

Stop Staring Makenzie.

After Andrew said his hellos, he turned to me. "Hey, so this is Kenz, she is staying with my family. She's from Canada!"

Austin finally looks up at me, raising his eyebrows slightly and biting down on his lip ring. His icy blue eyes chilled me and made my heart drop in an uneasy way. No man or boy has ever intimidated me like he does. The girl beside him gives me the side eyes and grabs his face and turns it back to her.

I roll my eyes.

Andrew and I sit down and conversation starts flowing and the joint is shared with me very quickly. We are all into our own conversations and I'm really enjoying myself. That is until someone taps me on the shoulder.