{8} Chess & The Ungodly machine {8}

The group turned the knobs on the stand the hang came in, matching it with the books. They cheered when the four pole lights came on, signaling telling them it was correct.

Suddenly, the room lights begin to flicker and a demon voice, just above a whisper spoke. "Three, five, four, seven."

"What the, guys?" Eva said, shocked and scared out of her wits. Lele shushed her as the demon voice begin to repeat itself.

"three, five, four, seven."

"Five, four, seven!" Justine yelled out, missing the beginning number. Sierra walked to the chest.

"It said Three, Five, Four, Seven." GloZell corrected.

"Three, five, four, Seven." Oli repeated, trying to remember it.

Clover walked over to the chest, she picked it up wincing at the pain on her arm. She brought it over to the table and moved out of the way. Sierra grabbed the lock and begin putting in the code, muttering herself the numbers.

Sierra unlocked the chest, Joey opened it up and they all looked inside, in the chest was chest pieces.

"Chess pieces!" Justine yelled, before reaching in and grabbing them as Joey looked at Clover. She shook her head no.

"Chest board is over there." Matt said, pointing over in another direction of the chest board.

Joey reached in and pulled out a piece a paper that was left into the chest. "Everybody, shush. Let him read, let him read." Timothy said, Shushing everyone causing to go quiet.

"30 men and only two women but they hold the most power. Dressed in black and white, they could fight for hours. The ladies need to find a perfect pair, a handsome knight on their right with a flair." Joey reads, following Clover to the chess board. She grabbed two queens, one of each color of the two different sides.

Timothy grabbed another note that combined to Joey's, "Yet ond of these ladies is in deep sorrow, her white bearded husband will not have his home tomorrow because a vicious bishop--" Joey and Clover step in for a second.

"Bishop is gonna get the king!" Clover and Joey said at the same, before looking at each other and laughing alittle. Clover grabs a bishop piece and places is on the white side king.

"So, you need to move the bishop over to--" Eva start but was cut off by Timothy who started to read again.

"Took his house a beautiful, medieval castles." Timothy read. Matt furrowed his eyebrows before his eyes scanned over the chess board.

"So, would these be considered the castles?" Matt asked, pointing to the king chest piece.

"Yeah, now the bishop just goes and takes his spot." Clover said, taking a bishop piece and making the other side kings piece.

"Oh, he takes the castle." Joey said.

Clover takes off the white king piece, a drawer opened by itself. Multiple gasps were heard.

"We did it!" Joey exclaimed, snickering at Clover.

"Oh my god, what?" Sierra said, looking at the drawer as Oli comes up and takes a piece of paper that was in it.

"That scared me so bad." Justine said, holding her hand over her heart.

"Today's experiment was success. The machine was able to consume the life force of two college students and produce an ungodly monster. However, the machine's demand for power is endless. I'm using an ancient artifact with an, Artifact," Oli stops reading once he reads the word artifact.