𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙸𝚅

"MAL, HEY. I WANTED TO APOLOGIZE ABOUT WHAT I SAID..." Noah began, his British accent ringing through the voicemail. 

"Listen, if you would let me come to the restaurant today, we will talk about... What happened. I will have to bring Jacobi with me though, because my mum said I have to babysit him for today. Um, if that's alright." he pressed on the red button to end the call, then sat up straight on the bed, sighing heavily.

He turned his sight to look at the mirror that faced his bed, and was met by his handsome face staring back at him. A traumatizing memory crossed his mind, with the image of Shia and what happened almost a year ago flashing before his eyes. 

"Noah, I swear on my life, I never touched you. Why would I, anyway?!" Shia's voice rang like an echo. He closed his eyes, trying to let go of the memory. He stood up, then began pacing around the room, which was something he did whenever he felt anxious or insecure.

"What happened, Noah? What were you and Shia talking about? You seemed upset." Alma, his director, asked earlier that day, after she had witnessed him arguing with Shia.

"No, everything's fine. I'm fine." he replied firmly, giving her a fake but convincing smile. She nodded in return, not wanting to upset him more.

He closed his eyes again, a tear streaming down his face. That memory hurt him, a lot. He had no idea how he kept remembering such painful memories, or why his mind kept replaying the scene over and over in his head.

He only knew that he wanted to forget.

He had to take his mind off that memory.

The only thing that came to him was his girlfriend's image. His heart was aching to see her.

He let out another small tear, then went towards his closet to pick an outfit.

He wasn't going to wait for Mal to tell him to come over, because he was going to surprise her by going there on his own. He wanted to apologize, and not only because he wanted her support, or distraction.

He picked a black pullover, despite the cool weather, and a pair of black high-waisted trousers. Then went to the bathroom to change.

A few minutes later, he came out of his room, and was met by the sound of dead silence as he took a turn in the hall.

"Jacobi?" he called out, his voice echoing back to him.

"Noah? What do you want?" a small, childish voice was heard from a room that was only one hallway away. Jacobi came out of his room, still dressed in his firetruck pyjamas. Noah turned his sight away from the wall to meet his brother's gaze, giving him an anxious stare.

"Get dressed. We're going out."

"Where are we going?"

"Please don't ask questions. Just hurry up." he replied with a cold tone, turning to face a whole different direction. Jacobi nodded, then hurried back to his room to change his clothes, like his brother ordered.

Noah leaned against the painted-tray wall, sighing loudly in exasperation.

"Jacobi, hurry up! I don't have all day!"

"Okay, I'm almost done!"

To his dismay, Jacobi seemed to be taking forever while dressing up. 

_____________________