𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚅𝙸𝙸𝙸

MAL LIED DOWN ON HER BED, thinking deeply about what had happened in the past week. However, the same question kept repeating itself in her head, no matter how many times she tried to think of something else.

What did Shia really do? Why was Noah so sure that it was him? She though. It might have been literally anyone else.

She tried to deny it several times, but every time she was seen with Noah, she would notice that creepy old men were staring at his slim figure, not taking their eyes of him until they left.

It might have been literally anyone.

She also noticed that Shia was really nice to Noah, and not the creepy-nice type. Or as she called it.

Shia was good. He was a good person. Maybe Noah wasn't aware of that, but Shia wasn't a rapist.

Someone else had to be, however.

But who?

She sighed heavily as she got up from her bed, heading towards the door and unlocking it. She slowly took her steps downstairs, to be met by the sight of her mother and her siblings sitting in the big, almost luxurious kitchen they had.

"Hey, sweetie, are you here to take a snack? Your brothers here brought you that thing you like. Pringles, is that it?" her mother spoke in a sympathetic voice. She mentally facepalmed herself for making her mother worry about her, but it was too late for that. She gave her mother a fake smile before sitting down on the table next to her sisters.

"Hey, mum, do you think I can go to the woods sometimes? I think I might be needing some fresh air."

She didn't know why she thought of that.

It just crossed her mind.

But it might be a good idea to clear her head from all the thoughts.

"Sure, sweetie. But please take Rajwan with you, I think some fresh air might do him good too."

Rajwan looked up at the mention of his name, alarmingly confused.

"Me?" he pointed at himself with a questioning look. Nawal sent him a glare, which made him nod almost immediately.

"Oh, yes. Me. I've been stressed lately, and I think some time with my sister might help too."

Mal sent him a fake smile in return. "Sure, whatever."

He nodded, and went back to scrolling through his phone. The others did the same, which made Mal sigh in exasperation and get up, grabbing the tube of Pringles and hurrying towards her room.

-

The next day, the girl picked her outfit, which was a simple black long-sleeved shirt and black wide pants, along with white sneakers, as she knew she was in for a long walk.

She was ready a few minutes later, so she hurried downstairs to meet with her brother. He looked as glamorous as always, in her humble opinion.

She gave him a small smile as she walked towards him, reaching for his soft hand to squeeze gently.

"Are you ready?"

She nodded. "Yeah, let's go."

_________________________