𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚇𝚅𝙸

SHE FOUND HERSELF in front of Noah's room. Through the glass, she could see the faint grey cloth of the curtains. She never saw the curtains closed like that before, so she expected the worst. Her family wasn't there yet, nor Kate and Noah's siblings. Immediately, she knew that she had to act alone.

She twisted the doorknob quickly, and barged into the room. And to her horror, she spotted a familiar figure, in a nurse's uniform, standing before Noah's unconscious body.

"W-What are you doing?" she questioned, horror visible in her eyes. The figure turned to her, and just then, she spotted the white pillow in his grasp.

"Uh, I just wanted to make him feel-"

"Cut the crap, Chris!" she yelled, reaching for the pillow and snatching it from his hand. Chris took off the hospital mask off, revealing his frustrated face.

"Listen there, you silly little-"

"You were trying to kill him! I know you were, Chris. He was so close to finding out what you did! Get away from him right now!"

She hit his chest with a firm grip, tears running down her face yet again.

"Don't you fucking lay your filthy hand on him anymore!"

That moment, loud footsteps followed by multiple figures entering the room.

"What is going on here? You're going to disturb the patient!" the doctor angrily remarked, leading the pair outside so Noah could relax.

"Don't let this man any where near my boyfriend or else!"

Chris turned to the doctor. "She's just upset that Noah is in a drug-induced coma, please don't listen to her-"

"I'm perfectly fine! You're not, however. You were molesting, raping your kids and drugging them! You raped Noah and poisoned him so he doesn't tell the truth, because your other kids were too young to trust anyone to tell them that! You built a grave in the woods so you can bury Noah, because you wanted him dead!"

"Do not listen to her, she's upset because-"

"I'm upset because my boyfriend is in the hospital, because you put him there! And now he's too sick he's not even conscious..." she whispered the last part, covering her mouth to stop her barely audible sobs.

"You're being irrational! You can't actually believe they will listen to you."

Mal then heard the soft sound of footsteps from behind her. She turned around to see her mother, next to a familiar woman, who had bright red hair and brown eyes.

Katy, Noah's mother.

"But I will."

"W-Welcome, honey, I missed you." Chris added, trying to avoid eye contact with his wife. Katy ignored him, and walked over to Mal, who was scrolling through her phone for something.

"Honey, do you have a picture of that grave?"

Mal nodded through her tears, then raised the screen to Katy's face so she could see the picture. The picture of the grave that the girl saw in the woods.

"Of course, I believe her because my son told me that you were spending so much time in the woods- birdwatching. You were never interested in anything but yourself, Chris."

Men in police uniforms began to circle the place as fast as lightning, then walked towards Chris and put handcuffs around his wrists.

"Chris Jupe, you're under arrest."