Chapter 6: Is That Really What You Want?

Bellamy sat you gently on the bed and poured you a glass of water. "Drink..."

The cool water felt so good in your mouth and you drank it so fast that some of it dripped down your chin, and ran down your neck. You felt his thumb caress your chin and wipe away the water.

He took the glass from your hands and set it on the floor. 

"Now, talk..." he said firmly while kneeling in front of you. "What is bringing all this up?"

 "What is bringing all this up?"

"I had a dream." He could sense a hint of embarrassment in your voice.

"A dream? A dream about what?"

"About us... our future. Well, the future I want. But I'm not sure if it's what you want and - and I'm just so scared to lose you." You couldn't hold it back anymore, the tears started pouring down your face. 

"Hey, whoa. It's okay. You'll never lose me." He moved to the bed next to you, wrapped his arms around you, and pulled you to his chest. "Tell me your dream."

"It's embarrassing..."

He laughed. "Not as embarrassing as me thinking you were in love with someone else all day."

You looked up at him. "What? You thought I wanted to leave YOU?"

He nodded his head and shrugged his shoulders. "You didn't really give me much to go on. I thought I was about to be dumped for Jasper freaking Jordan... or worse, Murphy!"

You let out a small laugh and use your sleeve to wipe the tears from your face. "Ok, yeah... that would never happen."

"Phew, I'm glad to hear that," he wiped his brow jokingly. "Now, tell me about this dream."

"Well... we were married and -" you paused, trying to build up the courage to lay it all on the table. "We had a baby. We named her after your Mom... and everything just felt so perfect and peaceful." 

You sniffled and wiped your nose. "When I woke up and realized it was just a dream, I was just really sad because I realized it could never be real." 

"Is that what you really want?" Bellamy looked at you, with care in his eyes. 

"Yes. I know we are young and life is less than ideal right now... and it's stupid but I want that. With you." He placed his head in his hands. You stared at him, waiting for his reply. Even though it only lasted a few seconds, the silence was gutwrenching. 

He exhaled deeply - a sigh of relief. "That's what I want to." 

"What?" 

"You're right... we are young. And right now, we are in the middle of a lot of uncertainty. But one thing I am one-hundred percent certain about is the fact that you are the love of my life." 

You felt the heaviness that you had been carrying around with you all day slowly leave your chest. "You're not just telling me what you think I want to hear, right?"

"No, I'm telling you what I've been too afraid to say. I didn't want to look weak in front of the camp, but the reality is... you make me a better person. I need you in my life and I am going to make sure I give you the life of your dreams - our dreams. A house, a ring, a baby - maybe even a couple of babies?" He smirked at you. 

"Whoa there, let's start with one first and see how it goes," you giggled. 

He smiled and tucked a strand of hair behind your ear. "Ok, okay... just one for now." 

The tears of sadness were replaced with tears of relief.

"Come here," he laid back on the bed and outstretched his arm, signaling you to lay down next to him. You rested your head on his chest and listened to his steady and strong heartbeat. 

"Now, get some rest, love. Because tomorrow will be the first day of a lifetime of unrestrained public displays of affection. I want everyone in the camp to know that you are mine... and I am only yours." 

Bellamy stroked your hair, while the steady rise and fall of his chest and the sound of his heartbeat lulled you to sleep. Before you closed your eyes you let out one last "I love you."

"I love you too," he said quietly. "And I can't wait to show you every single day for the rest of our lives." 

--------------------

Thank you for reading! This was my first time writing something like this, so I hope you enjoyed it! Any comments or feedback are greatly appreciated.