Part 9. You

"Can I hug you?", Mew asked.

First look at Mew and chuckled before nodding. Mew looks unsure and so he stepped closer, opening his arms. Mew gently step closer and embrace him. He felt when Mew let out a sigh, was that relief he can sense?

"Thank you", Mew said smiling before pulling away.

First, "I should be the one saying that to you. Thank you, Mew. For forgiving me. For being alive and well. And again, I'm sorry. You might not remember everything but I was really acting like a jerk and being so insensitive towards you when I decided to break up with you".

Mew shakes his head and gives First a smile, "I was being too overbearing they said. I don't remember much but I'm sorry for whatever pain I've caused you"

First laugh, "This is enough for the both of us. We might end up saying sorry and thank you all through the night. I really appreciate you initiating this Mew. I was also trying to come earlier so we could meet when I heard that you are here for the wedding but my work keeps me from going here"

It has been a pleasant talk. When he arrive earlier, he didn't know what to expect. He knew that their break-up wasn't really pleasant but he didn't know how he will react. He was actually nervous and a bit afraid, he didn't know how his heart will react seeing First, the person he had loved prior his accident. He already have someone that he love so dearly now and he doesn't want to have any doubt in his heart. Meeting First, it was like meeting the rest of his friends the first time when he came back. First was actually the one who looked more anxious earlier but they found themselves relaxing towards each other after a few lines.

"Maybe we should go out and wait for the others now", First said walking. Mew nodded. "I also heard some interesting news from Kao", First looks at him and he can only give the man a happy smile, his heart beating thinking of the one who made his smile widen.

****

Anxious is an understatement of what Gulf is feeling right now. He is hesitating to go in. He knew that First arrived yesterday and today he was meeting with all of them. First and Mew decided to meet way earlier beforehand so they could sort things out before they could meet their friends. It's inevitable that the two former lovers would do that or else the air around everyone will be a little awkward. And he trusts that their friends would help out ease whatever tension there will be when everyone is around. And honestly, he isn't sure whether he'd like to be a witness of that or not, he gave an excuse to everyone that there is some urgent matter that he needs to work on with a co-teacher. Mew had wanted to go and pick him up but he urged him not to.

He took a deep breath before opening the door. There are scenarios in his head but it isn't the one that greeted him when he round their usual spot. The men are loud as usual with Mild and Saint arguing over something he could not catch on. Tong and Mew are laughing and at the far end are First and Kaownah, talking. First chuckled at what Kaownah had said and when his eyes met Mew, the two exchange a smile. Mew was the first one to notice him and immediately made room so he could sit beside him.

A hand was placed on his waist as soon as he is seated comfortably. "Have you eaten?", Mew asks.

Gulf nodded. He wanted to ask Mew what happened but he knows he should not, Mew would share it if he wanted to. It seemed that everything is well.

"Let me say hi to First", Gulf said before standing up to transfer to the other side. Mew pouts and pulled him down, circling both of his arms around his waist, childishly shaking them both.

"Share Gulf for a while, Mew. I haven't seen him for so long", First chanted loudly.

"No!", Mew answered playfully. "Talk this way"