Part 13. Engagement

Gulf woke up feeling something soft and gentle hovering on his face, little caresses, soft touches. He groaned in contentment knowing the source of that fluttering feeling. He was on his stomach, turning his head on the other side and he immediately sees Mew. The man looking at him so tenderly that makes his heart do a somersault. He closes his eyes, savoring the feeling in him but a smile slips on his lips.

"What are you doing?", he asked opening his eyes.

"I love you", Mew answered.

Gulf chuckled at that, "You've been telling me". How many times had Mew told him last night, at the peak of passion, when they were calming down, when their eyes met, after each kiss and just so everytime the older man had a chance. "And I love you", Gulf answered reaching out for Mew's cheek, mirroring what the older has been doing.

Mew reached for Gulf's hand, planting a kiss at the back of his palm. "Thank you for loving me, thank you for waiting", he said tears started pooling in his eyes again.

Gulf softly laugh, his thumb touching the corner of Mew's eyes. "Look at those, your eyes are still swollen. I know already, I love you. Thank you for loving me too. Let's cherish those words and not say them too often, they might lose their meanings when it only become a habit. Let's say them often but only when he really meant it"

"I love you. Thank you" Mew said again this time grinning at Gulf.

Gulf giggled before moving on top of Mew, smacking his lips to the older man. "I don't want to share you with anyone today", Gulf said gazing down at Mew. "Can we just stay here? They would probably just bombard us of questions"

Mew snickered, "You told them you'll explain", he reminds Gulf, his fingers back to playing on Gulf's hair, he pulled Gulf down on him. "They would have been very angry at me if you have told them. I hate to think about those time that you were alone dealing with it when I just disappeared on you"

Gulf smile, "Mild and Kaownah would be very angry. Zee and the rest would try to defend you. I don't like having them arguing. It will make me feel worse. And I almost broke my eardrums during the time when Zee and Saint argued every chance they get"

Mew laugh at that. "They were flirting", he commented. It's Gulf nature to be quite, observant and just laugh whenever their friends are chattering away even until now, the younger preferred to sit and listen while they cuddle in a corner most of the time. "I don't want to share you with them today either"

Gulf giggled at that. "They are still probably hungover from last night. And Zee and Saint are on their honeymoon"

Mew, "So can we just have our own honeymoon today?", he asked trailing his hand down to Gulf's spine. Gulf shivered at the shift of Mew's voice and touch, both of their skin turning hot and their private awakening. "Ironic how I can barely recall that night after it happened but when I woke up from the accident it's all I dreamed about, every little detail", Mew added titling Gulf's head so they could kiss properly.

But Gulf grinned at him and move away earning a raised brow from Mew. "I need to brush my teeth", he runs to the bathroom but looked at Mew seductively before going in.

Mew follow suit laughing.

*****

3 weeks later

Gulf is sulking, scowling. He is not in the mood to go out that night but Mild and Kaownah insisted "Can you please stop looking at me", he said dryly.

Kaownah, "C'mon, Gulf. It's not the end of the world. It's normal to have a lover's quarrel. Before you know it, everything is fine again"

Mild, "Mew has been spoiling you too much, you're becoming a brat"