o1

»«

picture: lara (ashley benson)

«»

"ALEX! ALEX! ALEX!" A side from the cafeteria shouted. Everyone in the room were either shouting, eating, or just minding their own business.

I smirked. The Queen Bee does sure have it's perks. Although I wasn't the type that would slut around guys and have a man every second. That's for stereotypes, unlike me.

I actually have good grades to maintain a GPA to be included in the honor roll. Not to mention that I also don't care what others think of me. For example: how I dress. I think it's low, even for anyone to judge a person based on how they dress.

Even I didn't judge Ashlin, one of my best friends who has a brain smaller than a bird.

Alex was glaring at me like I caused this whole thing and I shook my head, slightly laughing underneath my breath. This all started when James wanted to ask her out and let's just say I helped him with it.

Just kidding. This started with Alex's last prank on me. You see, Alex and I have this never ending war prank since freshmen year, and when either of us strikes, we have to sleep with one eye open because you'd never expect anything to happen.

Like that time when she tricked Coach Wesley that I skipped classes the other time, but I totally didn't. And he gave me 20 laps as a punishment for me.

Oh yeah, that was freaking last week.

And you know what they say, go big or go home. And I definitely did not want to go home. It was James' idea but I only executed it, so he has all the credits for it. So technically, Alex should blame him. Not me.

Plus, she deserves it. That is just cruel and rude! Making a non-fit person run 20 laps of the whole field? Honey, I may be popular but I'm sure as hell that I'm nowhere being athletic.

"Do you want to go to the dance with me?" James blurted out from the corner of the room, just as expected. The crowd made a pathway so James could be seen and Alex was as red as a beet. Not really because she was blushing, but because this was a way that I could embarrass her.

She then narrowed her eyes at me, mouthing the words "We're going to talk, you little shit." to me and I instantly covered my head using my books. She's a great best friend, but when she's mad, she turns into a complete different person.

Almost like Satan. Oh no, not even like Satan. Maybe worse. Is that even possible? Possibly. If Satan had a daughter.

And then right there, the whole place got silent.

Seconds passed and there was still no response from her.

"Just say it already!" An unknown boy hollered from the back. Unfortunately, I didn't see his face.

"Uh, sure?" She chuckled nervously. I felt sorry for James, I know that she didn't mean that. She probably just pitied the guy. Being the great friend I was, I helped out. Okay, maybe not at all.

But hey? At least the poor guy found a date!

After everyone got settled, that meant James' friends congratulating him on how cool he is, Alex's gaze landed on me and her eyes instantly turned into slits. I began sprinting as fast as I could until my legs felt numb.

The cool wind passed by me and messed up my hair. Great. Even my hair is ruined. I felt the sweat forming at my forehead and it trickled down all the way to my cheeks. I've had it with running! Was last week not enough?

I picked up my pace until I couldn't see her in my side vision. Damn, am I this unfit?

For as long as I could remember, I hated anything that's related to sports. That includes working out. Also Gym class.