Chapter 34: Father

"Hey Jimin." Taehyung starts, they're on their way, driving back to their flats. " I've actually given a thought about your father's case— as he's framed, and I'm so sorry but I don't think I can do much." 

Jimin purses his lips, chest tightening.

"Jungkook has already deep-faked plenty evidences against your father and if we suddenly charge him of the accident over what we're already filing, things are gonna get ugly." 

Jimin inhales heavily, nodding.

"It's okay, I understand—"

"But what I can do is— get him a bail." He interrupts, JJimin's eyebrows raising, eyes grave.

"Wait really?"

"Yeah." Taehyung chuckles. "I'm Kim fucking Taehyung one of the youngest and most successful advocates of my era, dare they reject the bail request of my client."

Something uneasy bubbles in Jimin's chest.

"So I'll— be able to meet him today?" He asks, throat going dry when the other nods.

It's been so long.

Everything's changed.

Everything's far away.

But why are those memories were still so vivid to him.

"I hate you!! You've ruined everything!!!" His mother's loud voice screeched into the hall room.

 She wailed loudly, and she shouted.

She cried and screamed.

Threw a tantrum, throwing all the utensils onto the kitchen floor. 

"Stop fucking trying to earn sympathy by doing such obscene acts!" His father scoffed loud, his jaw clenching as he goes to stop the woman. "You're a disgusting person!"

Well, who knew a ten year old had to witness such acts in front of him? 

"I can't believe how I ended up marrying a man like you!! It was such a mistake!!" She cried aloud, loosing her mind as she grabs her eldest son by his arms, deagging him to the kitchen. 

"Look at what a horrible man your father is!! Do you still want this??"

Jimin was too young.

He doesn't understand.

He doesn't know why, what, how.

All he knows is he infact does not want this.

"Listen you don't deserve to live anyway honey. So let's die together shall we?" She asks, wiping her tear smothered cheeks, moving back and forth the kitchen.

Jimin doesn't understand.

All he saw was his mother was making something for him.

He saw  her grind some pills and supplements together, pouring it into a glass of water. 

And yet it didn't click to him that it was all wrong.

Jimin didn't know what to do, but at this point, blindly following his mother seemed better than hearing this chaos every second day.

He swallows his cries right back in as he watches his mother pour this ominous pink liquid into two glasses.

He could only guess what it was.

If it really was Poison. 

"What the fuck are you trying to do!?" His father barges right in, snatching the glasses from his mother and and throwing it across the floor.

The loud noises echoing and ringing in Jimin's little ears. 

"I can't live with you anymore!! Not with your stupid acts!!" She cried loudly as she stormed out, locking herself in her bedroom. 

His father chases her, banging his fists on the locked door with ferocity that scared the little child, shouting at her to open up but she wouldn't. 

Jimin just stands and watches, like he always did, cause he's not being able to comprehend why his days keep turning more and more worse like this.

Why, are his parents like this?

 He was afraid of both of them right now. 

"Oppa, is mum okay?" A small voice whispers behind him, his little sister, she was gentle and dainty just like how he was but so much more unaware of the cruelty of the adults.

She stared up at him with teary nervous eyes, scared. 

Jimin forces a smile on his face, ignoring the scratching pain in his throat.

"Let's go into our room, nothing's wrong, mummy is just feeling unwell." He says, smiling as brightly as possible. 

"Why is father shouting?"

Fuck, fuck fuck.

Do not cry Park Jimin.

You have a responsibility that your parents refuse to take.

"He's He's just scolding mummy, she's not eating her food properly."

They sit in their room, shut but not locked, a silent rule in the house, his sister slept on her lap now, oblivious of the storm of emotions wallowing inside Jimin's mind.

Jimin  softly hums an unnamed song to numb the loud noises outside the door. 

But then he hears footsteps.

He flinches as his father slams open the door, barging into the room, his eyes red from wailing and voice hoarse from shouting. 

"I'm leaving!! Since no one here gives a fuck I'm leaving!! You're a big boy now, learn to take care of yourself!!" He growled before leaving and slamming the door shut.

He did leave.

He left and he kept them worried.

And then he comes back.

They fight and then he leaves again.

He leaves and it makes Jimin paranoid.

But then he comes back.

An endless cycle where Jimin get's stuck handling his parent's emotional health more than his.

He was yet only 10.

10 and taking care of them.

That night was just one on the many times his parents argued and it it affected him every day.

They should've divorced, he thinks to himself every night.

They say divorced parents destroys a child, and it does, but parents that were supposed to be divorced and yet stay together gave him an experience that plundered him.

He didn't want to to end up like his parents, dependent on another person's "love" to live. 

He wanted to live without begging anyone for money and he was successful at that.

What a silly word.

Love.

His parents were the example of a love marriage, what a clown show.

He left that place called home the month he turned eighteen, taking his sister to his grandma's house, after graduating with excellent marks, he was able to start paying for his sister's studies and now there she was, owning few of the largest malls in South Korea.

That was what Jimin's life had been.

And he was going to see this man's sore face all over again.

He doesn't know what to say to him.

..........................................

anyways that was my— no— jimins childhood.