xi

Waking up in the morning feels fantastic, especially when I feel Grey's bare upper body against mine, as his arms hold me

Waking up in the morning feels fantastic, especially when I feel Grey's bare upper body against mine, as his arms hold me. "Morning, beautiful." He kisses my forehead, which I'm grateful for, because he knows I hate morning breath.

"Your box braids are gone." He says, messaging my scalp, from over my bonnet. "Yup, I'm getting my wig today, and I need to have it glued by tomorrow, for the party."

We both brush our teeth and wash our faces, but instead of going downstairs for breakfast, we go back to bed and spend time scrolling through our phones, showing each other funny stuff, as the TV plays in the background.

"How was everything, back home, by the way? I'm so happy you're in the clear, now."

"It was fine. I'm just glad to be back in New York, you know? With you, who likes me a lot, apparently." I roll my eyes, cursing my mid sleep self for letting that slip, "Shut up, you basically told me you loved me, so you don't get to make fun of me. Also, I wasn't really hiding it."

"I stand by what I said. I'm not in love with you, yet. But I do love you, Simone. And I guess, I like you too."

With that, he pulls me on top of him, pulling me down to meet his lips. "I like you too, Greyson."

We eventually leave my room, when I'm sure everyone in my house is in their rooms, and we go downstairs to get breakfast, acting like he just got here.

Around 12:00 pm, we hear laughs coming from the door and it's Dion and Priya, the gorgeous woman he showed me yesterday.

"Ri, this is my sister Simone and our neighbour, Greyson." As I greet her, I peep Dee looking from me to Greyson.

Dee has always been the siblings who knew what was going on, especially when it came to me, so I know, it won't take him much longer to figure out what's happening, if he hasn't already.

I love Priya, with my entire being. She's so fun to be around and I can see why Dee likes her. She's been here an hour and I've completely forgotten about my brother and Grey, who are currently bonding over a basketball game.

She's also a law student, who is in her last year of Harvard Law and she's giving me advice on how to succeed in law school.

When the twins get hungry, they come tell us, so I decide to make lunch, seen as Dee has done so for the last couple of days. Grey follows me into the kitchen, with the intent to help me cook. He helps me boil the pasta, but then spends the rest of the time distracting me.

He sits on the island, and pulls me in between his legs, while the sauce simmers on low heat. "You should meet my friends and parents. I've met your family and I'm meeting your friends tomorrow, it's only fair."

I nod in agreement, accepting his offer. "When's your birthday? I'll come down to Florida for your birthday." I feel him shake his head side to side, with his head in the crook of my neck, "No, I'll have them come here. I don't want to go back to Florida for a really long time, and my friends love traveling, so they'd be happy to come here."

"Fine by me. By the way, what are you wearing tomorrow?" He raises an eyebrow at my question, looking at me like I'm insane. "What am I wearing? I don't know. Clothes?"

"Of course, clothes. But what kind? I'm just trying to make sure you don't wear some goofy ass outfit." It's his time to roll his eyes, "You're hurting me, love. I won't embarrass you. I was planning on wearing my cowboy boots and ha-"

I stop him, pulling him all the way away from my neck, where he snuggled back to, "I know you playin', but in case you ain't. . . don't do that. Under no circumstances do I ever want to see you in a cowboy outfit."

"Come here, baby," He states, pulling me into him, chuckling, "I promise to never wear a cowboy outfit." I mouth a thank you, before placing a soft kiss on his lips, and moving back to the stove.

I call the twins over, when the food is ready and they sprint into the kitchen. Grey takes them into his arms and chats to them while I take out plates. "Ok, Zach, tell me when to stop." In small proportions, I move the pasta from the pot to his plate, until he tells me to stop, then I do the same thing to my sister.

Although we aren't eating, I and Grey sit with them at the dining table to keep them company, while the other couple in the house has moved outside, on the patio.

Very quickly, the sun sets and the sky is dark. Because dad is out of town for work, we decide to let the twins stay up a little past their bed time, which is why we are all currently playing basketball outside. It's Zach, Dee and Grey versus Emelie, Priya and I, and long story short, our team is winning.

When I score a two pointer, flipping off Grey in the excitement of it all, we call it quits.

"I'd say that we let you win, but I was thought to not lie, and I'm not a sore loser, so congrats."

I lean in to kiss him, but when my eye catches my little sister repeat the hand gestures I did before to our little brother, I freeze. "Emelie, nope. That's a bad gesture."

"This one?" She asks, raising her middle finger at me. "Yes, baby, that one. Please, put your finger down, and don't do that again. Okay?" She nods yes nonchalantly and runs back to the house, where Priya and Dee are giving Zach ice cream.

Grey smirks at me, from where he's standing, and all I want to do is wipe it off his stupid face.

Dad facetimes us, like he usually does when he's away to say goodnight to everyone. As we're about to end the FaceTime, Emy stops us, "Daddy, Daddy, look what I learned from Simmy today." And just like that I see my death approach, as she flips off my dad.

All I can do is stare at the little girl, who has a smile plastered on her face. When she turns to look at me, middle finger still pointing at the ceiling, her smile is wide as fuck. This little bitch knows what she's doing.

I look back at the screen, at dad and give my father - who has a wtf expression plastered all over his face.