Chapter 2

Should I tell Lucas? "Hey." I whispered to Anne. "Lucas thinks you look amazing today." I rolled my eyes and turned around to look at Ms.Avery. So dumb. I should drop out.

"Ms.Madelyn, Are you paying attention? Or staring at Anne?" I quickly shot back into reality and stared at Ms.Avery. "Huh? Oh 3x5=2x5." I said quickly, hoping to get the thoughts out of my head. But instead everyone's laugh shot out of their damn throat.

"Pay attention, Madelyn. Then you would know this is English." She snapped the ruler against the board and Continued writing. And no i didn't care. Ms.Avery doesn't care either. She just wants to get on my nerves.
...
I put my books back into my locker and headed to Class when someone stopped me. "Hey, Sorry for the mishap today." Lucas said, grabbing my books. "That was totally my fault." I shrugged at the thought of it.

"It wasn't, but thanks anyway." I snatched my books out of his hands and gave him a snarky smile. "It's just the thought that counts, isn't it?" I wanted to tell him about the drama between me and Anne now, ever since he wrote the note.

He walked as I did. "Look, I shouldn't have wrote the note!" He said, grabbing my shoulder. "It was dumb of me."
"Madelyn. Madelyn! FOR FUCKS SAKE! LET ME TALK!" I stopped in my tracks and faced him. Everyone was looking at me. Like I had did something.

I dropped my books on the floor and got in his face. "You wanna talk? Now? Let's talk about the Drama you created. Have a nice day, Lucas." I picked up my books and walked to class. Of course I was 7 minutes late...but who cares?
~~~Lucas~~~
I was shocked to see Madelyn so mad. The girl was fucking dork, a quiet one. To see everyone staring at me as she yelled was absolutely going to ruin my reputation and the things I'm trying to do to get closer to Anne. And the only way to do that, was to get through Madelyn. First on my list:
Break them up: Checkmate.
~~~Madelyn~~~...
I walked home today. Since Me and Anne still weren't talking after the note thing. Until Lucas pulled up. "Get in." I stared at him and just kept walking. And to think i actually liked him...