CH6

Taehyung gave a small bowed to his regular customer, who gave a bright dimple smile in return and walked out with the book in his hand.

He kept the cash in its designated place, and eyed the owner who just walked in the bookstore.

"Jin hyung, can I end my shift now? I have to meet someone.." He spoke, slightly eyeing the time before looking back at him.

Seokjin narrowed his eyes on him, "Your girlfriend?" Though a teasing smile plastered on his face.

Taehyung seemed amused but chuckled. "no hyung..just a friend" he replied. "Plus I'm gay..." and watched the elder blink his eyes.

"Did you just came out to me without any warning?"

Taehyung blinked back realising the same, "Uh, Kinda..?"

Jin tilted his head and hummed, "Okay, only for today I can let you leave early,"

"Yeah, no problem, thank you, hyung..." Taehyung gave a smalm smile before he collected his jacket and phone before glanced at the clock shortly,

7'o clock on dotㅡ

Jungkook breathed out, a small whiff of fog due to the coldness, striding down the road which leads to the bookstore that Taehyung had mentioned in the message, which he didn't even replied cause what was the point even.

The elder had clearly said that he wants to meet and wants him to explain because of course anyone would freak out seeing their picture in someone else's lockscreen wallpaper. Jungkook thought and sighed again as he kept his hands hidden on his black oversized hoodie's pocket.

Trailing his eyes back up after taking the last turn, his breath momentarily hitched on takimg a sight of Kim Taehyung, standing infront of the bookstore, and looking down at his watch and due to the cold, he was clasping his hands together to keep them warm.

Jungkook realized he was a bit late as he came by walking.

Not wanting to make him wait anymore in the cold, Jungkook's body worked in instinct as he jogged up towards him.

Meanwhile, Taehyung heard footsteps in the cold night and grabbed his attention, to see the younger running towards with with a set pace.

Looking cute...

Jungkook gulped, and mumbled, upon stopping infront, "Sorry, hyung to make you wait.."

Taehyung shook his head at his words, maintaining a straight face as he replied. "it's fine.."

Jungkook held on to the edge of his hoodie, noticing the elder's demeanour seemed indifferent, unlike in the afternoon.

He didn't gave a smile, when earlier he couldn't stop smiling, wasn't either seeming friendly, Jungkook internal monologue went a bit haywire, 'He's really mad at me, isn't he?'

"Come on.." Taehyung spoke, making the blonde snap out if his thoughts and felt perplexed, but the latter nodded his head towards the ice cream parlor across the road and clearing his confusion.

Jungkook blinked before nodding, avoiding to point out the obvious coldness in the air but went alomg as they both crossed the road.

The brunette rested his arms on the counter as they got in the parlour, and the younger concluded he had been very familiar with the place by working part time across the street, "One, uh.." Taehyung racked his eyes on the display menu, "hot chocolate float," before gazing back at Jungkook, "and what you wanna order?"