7. 🎨

"Zee?"

Zayn turned around and smiled at Liam "Yeah?"

"Going to work?"

Zayn sighed and nodded "Sorry... It's a last-minute call I'm the closest-"

"Don't worry about it" Liam mumbled and kissed Zayn's temple, Zayn smiled and hugged him tightly "I expect a full English breakfast tomorrow" Liam whispered and Zayn chuckled and nodded

"I'll buy groceries on my way back"

Zayn frowned and put the book he was reading down. The door to the cabin opened and Zayn's eyes widened when he saw Liam walk into the kitchen.

"Liam, Are you done with the painting?"

Liam stayed quiet, he looked at Zayn's hand and then at Zayn "Can I have your ring?"

Zayn furrowed his brows and shook his head "No..."

Liam took a deep breath and walked deeper into the kitchen. He put the velvet box on the table and the picture with it. Zayn's eyes widened and he looked at Liam

"We... met when we were 17... We were at a stupid party and forced into a closet because of 7 minutes in heaven. I talked your ears off, the first thing you ever said to me was-"

"No, I just don't like hearing you talk..."

Liam nodded "Since then... we became inseparable. We even went to the same university..." Liam wiped his face, Zayn walked towards him and hugged him tightly "We got married on the... 25th of April" Liam hugged Zayn back "Can I... can I please please please... have your ring?"

Zayn pulled away pulled the ring off and gave it to Liam, Liam opened the velvet box and pulled another ring out. He took a deep breath and put the rings together

"Why... didn't you tell me?"

Zayn sighed "Your sister..." Zayn sighed

"Where is he?!"

"Zayn stop-"

"Don't tell me to stop! My husband is in there LET ME SEE HIM!"

"ZAYN HE HAS AMNESIA!"

"What...?"

"It got bad... The accident resulted in a bad head injury... He doesn't remember anything!"

"No..."

"Absolutely nothing, he doesn't remember his fucking name!" Zayn's shoulders sagged "I'm... his legal caretaker"

"No... He's my husband I-"

"I don't want you anywhere near him..."

"Who said that's your choice?"

"He's my younger brother!"

"I've been by his side the past few years longer than you have most of your fucking life!"

"Zayn... he'll hate you if anything... this is your fucking fault. He doesn't remember our fucking parents because of you! How will I tell him they're dead?"

"No-"

"Zayn... leave. If you love him, you'll leave"

Liam frowned and rested his head against Zayn's chest "Why didn't you tell me when I first came? A few days ago..."

"I'd rather you not remember me than have you hate me"

Liam nodded slowly and took a deep breath "What picture do you have in your bedroom?"

Zayn pulled away and walked towards his bedroom, he returned and handed Liam the photo frame before he put his ring back on. Liam looked at the picture and he didn't know how to feel.

It was a picture of him, taken from over Zayn's shoulder. He had a big smile on his face while looking at Zayn.

"I was obsessed with you...? Wasn't I?"

Zayn chuckled and shook his head "I'd say I'm more obsessed with you. Everything I did was for you, when I first met you, I thought 'fuck he never shuts up' Then... I realized I would rather hear you talk than anything else"

Liam put the picture down and pulled Zayn into a tight hug, Zayn immediately hugged him back. Liam buried his face into Zayn's neck and closed his eyes.

"I told you I'll always find a way back to you..."

~~~~~

The living room was now filled with boxes, Zayn brought a lot down from the attic and Liam brought out the one pack he had in the car. Zayn was sitting against a wall while Liam pulled out pictures and asked about them

"Why do you have all of these?"

"You and your mum were the same..." Zayn said and Liam turned to him "You told me, that your mother told you... That if you ever take pictures with anyone you love. You should print them out, and save them somewhere. Please have a copy of them on a device, but also have them printed. To show their meaning"

Liam nodded slowly and pulled out a photo then looked at Zayn and showed it to him "Wedding?" Zayn nodded "When exactly?"

"That was... when I was about to start saying my vows"

Liam smiled "What did you say?"

Zayn chuckled "They sucked"

Liam shook his head "I doubt it. You're a reader"

Zayn nodded and fiddled with the ring "I said... No matter what I have to do, no matter what happens, if you were ever to get hurt, I put you on a throne... and burn the whole world and make sure even the heat isn't anywhere near you"

Liam kept looking at the picture and smiled "Different for sure... what did I say?"

Zayn shook his head and chuckled "You forgot that we'll need to recite vows." Liam's eyes widened and he covered his forehead "After I finished mine... you with all the confidence in you said-"

"I forgot about those, but BUT BUT... I love you"

Everyone there laughed and Zayn shook his head looking at Liam who was smiling at him

"I was an absolute idiot..."

Zayn shook his head "You were you. I didn't care that you didn't write any, I made up mine at the last minute."

Liam shook his head putting the photo down "For the last minute, it sure was romantic"

Zayn rested his head against the wall and nodded before he turned to Liam "What's next?"