Love Will Never Die

Genesis POV:

"Jasmine!" I yelled sitting up from the bed. I rubbed the sweat off my face. Relieving Jasmine's delivery. It was always a nightmare, I was never going to be able to get over Little Lucas' birth.. I couldn't handle it then and I damn sure can't handle it now. It's all because of that damn curse. The curse that haunted my own father and now haunts me, God I only hopes it doesn't haunt my boys.

I looked over to the clock on the bedside table and saw that it was six o'clock. I got out of bed and walked to the bathroom. I washed my face with cold water to cool down my overheated forehead.

Today was the boy's graduation, after eighteen long years they were going to college. Jr was going to Michigan State with a football scholarship, and Terrence was going to Julliard on a dance scholarship. Jesus how the time went by so quickly.

I just hopped in the shower to wash off the nightmare and the sweat sticking to my back. The hot summer air wasn't helping my situation at all. Once I was done I brushed my teeth and shaved the little bit of hair off my face. Damn I'm getting old, I found a grey hair in there. The hair on my head is still black, thank God no greys there, Jr. wouldn't let me live it down. It's bad enough he's my height at 6'6", and thinks he can out do me in everything. Like Hell he can. As privileged as these boys are they still know a thing or two about how to make it in life like a struggling man.

When I got out of the bathroom, I heard crying and ran out of the room downstairs, following the cries.

"Shh, shh, it's okay, Mommy's here." I turned the corner and saw the a baby being rocked in his mother's arms a beautiful sight for any man this early in the morning.

"Everything okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, he's just grumpy," She turned around smiling up at me, and continued to rock the baby back and forth.

"Aww, maybe because he didn't wake up between Mommy and Daddy like he usually does," I said taking the baby from her and throwing him in the air. The crying stopped and was replaced with giggling.

"Well he would have been able to wake up like that if Daddy wasn't tossing and turning," she said taking the baby back to start breastfeeding him. My beautiful wife, my beautiful strong wife. God Could I ask for more.

"Oh yeah," I said pushing my hair back.

"Had the dream again?" she asked.

"Yeah, you'd think I'd be able to get after that. I mean thirteen years and two more sons should be enough time," I said.

"It's okay, it was traumatic experience for you," she said making sure that the baby was able to breastfeed.

"I had a conniption over you taking a nap, Jasmine," I said flatly.

"Genesis it's alright, and be happy today is supposed to be a happy day," Jasmine said getting up. She pulled Clarence off her nipple walked towards the stairs.

"I'm going to get everybody up, get y'all stuff together, and give Clarence a bath," She said walking upstairs.

"Excuse me," I said grabbing her by the arm. "No good morning kiss?"

"Sorry Daddy," she said readjusting the baby to give me a kiss.

"Eww, children are in the room," Jr. said walking into the kitchen.

"Yeah Eww," Lucas said standing by Jr.

"I think it's kind of cute that they still have that flame," Terrence said.

"What flame? Do Mommy and Daddy have a fire?" Lawrence asked.

"No baby brother, it means that Mommy and Daddy still love each other a lot,"Terrence said kneeling in front of him.