Chapter 1

The heavy footsteps of mine and the stranger behind me rang in my ears. My heavy breathes with every step I took.

"Get away from me!" I yelled with all my energy.

I heard no reply, not even a word. But the person kept running at me, getting faster and faster, but so did I. Propelling myself faster until my legs burned from exhaustion.

The sand under my feet was making it ten times harder to run in the first place. Secondly, this man was coming at me as if he was flying through the air. And thirdly, my legs were burning so much from running on the sand, and my breathes were so heavy I felt as if I could faint at any second. I didn't know how long I could run anymore, all I knew was that this man was crazy and I didn't know what he would do if he happened to get his hands on me.

"What are you running from?"The weird man finally spoke. He started laughing like he had just said the funniest joke in the world.

I turned around slowly- Probably the worst thing you could do in this situation- and looked at the man, who had stopped in his tracks and didn't look tired at all.

"W-what?" I whispered

Suddenly, I woke up on my bed, my face drenched with sweat, and my breathing heavy. I looked to the right on my bed just to see the same bed sheets and pillow everyone had in this stupid bunker. The faint light from the power facility had seeped it's way into mine and Theos Room. Leaving a vague yellow light, just enough to be able to see the silhouettes of furniture and Theo in the bed beside me.

Theo and I are the only Teenagers in this bunker. There are two little kids; Amy, a four year old girl who is the first child, and the daughter to Jessica and Josh, my mums best friends.

And our other little one is seven and his name is Jonah. He is the son to my Mother, Lyndall.

She is a single mother since my Dad past away by getting eaten by a giant Crab. I was too young to remember him too much. I only have memories about him playing with me on the playgrounds and the local pools. My mum says he was amazing.

Jonah is my little brother.I love him to pieces, and I would do literally anything to save him if he got hurt. I guess I would for anyone in our Colony.

Theo is the only child in his family. Son to Clara and Duncan. He was born only a year before I was. He is fourteen, and I'm only thirteen. I've known him forever. Him and I are relied on the most out of the kids. We do all the chores and do all the farm work.

Now I seem to be making it like all the "children" do all the work, but really, we do nothing compared to what they have to do. My Mum, Duncan and Josh do the dangerous work.

They all have to go to the top of the bunker, into the real world, and find any resources from empty houses. It's very dangerous with all the horrible animals. That's why only the adults, or our Search Team, go up twice a week.

Sometimes, but rarely they would come back with electronics like Laptops and T.V's. Only occasionally they would bring back some canned food. It would be a real treat to us. We live off mainly plants and dairy. So when we got a can of spaghetti, it seemed like we had just won a pot of gold.

One time Mum brought back a real Mavis! It doesnt work though. Very sad.

I was still panting from my nightmare when I heard Theo saying my name.

"Y/N?" Theo whispered.

"Yeah? Sorry. I woke you up." I responded to him. I felt pretty bad for waking him up. He definitely needed his beauty sleep, otherwise he wouldn't be able to cooperate the next day.

"Hey, it's okay." He continued. "Bad nightmare huh? Do you wanna talk?"

"Um, yeah. I saw a-a m-man..and he-he was chasing after m-me." I was rethinking the nightmare and told him all the details. "And then he stopped. A-and he looked at me. I just remember his eyes. They were so d-dark and looked stone cold."

"Hey, it's okay. It was only a nightmare. It isn't real." His voice soothed me, and I started calming down. My breathes steadied, and my eyelids started feeling heavy.

Suddenly, he came and sat down next to me. I rested my head on his shoulder. There was nothing but silence, and that's when I eventually fell asleep.

Hi guys! This is my first chapter story on wattpad, so kind of exciting!! Hopefully your enjoying the book so far. Sorry if the chapter was short.And if your confused right now, dont worry it will make more sense later on in the story.

Also read the description if you haven't already. That gives away quite a lot!! Anyways make sure to follow my friend Elentiyaofstars for helping me with this story :) She also helped me with the ideas, and the following chapters! Btw this story sucks, I know that sooo. Sorry for any spelling mistakes!

Also, I recently saw Love and Monsters and I really like it! Dylan O'Brien is a very good actor!!

                           Cya later alligators