Chapter 16

Skyler's POV:

A few weeks has passed and the horse is now letting me saddle her and ride her. I've given her the name of Ruby. She responds to it great. Me and Colby are going great we talk everyday and sleep on the phone together. I've hung out with my best friend when she's not working and I'm not. At the moment I am out with my family and best friend about to leave the movies. Once I dropped mt best friend off I went back home and met my family there. We were all in the family room when Colby's name flashed across my screen. I got up and went into my room and answered it.

"Hey baby." I said.

"Stop talking to my boyfriend he doesn't want you so leave him alone. Your a whore if you think any different." I heard a feminine voice say.

"Who the hell are you?" I asked.

"That doesn't fucking matter just stay away from my boyfriend." She said and hung up. Hurt is all I felt. I wanted to scream in pain that's how much this hurt my heart. I set my phone down on my desk and went back out into the living room ready to go outside. In the living room my brother was watching Colby's video and the girl he was with shopping sounded like the one on the phone. That hurt. I grabbed my keys off the hook and went back into my bedroom to grab my phone and put my slides on. I walked out the door. I drove to my best friends house and told her about it and she insisted I spend the night with her. While we were chilling in her room my phone went off and it was Colby. I didn't care why he was calling I just hit that pretty little red button. Nina looked at me and held my hand telling me it would be ok. I nodded and we continued watching the movie. I looked at the time and it was 12am.

"Wanna go get waffle house? Its on me." I asked.

"Yeah just let me get out of my pjs." She said and paused the movie and got up turning the light on and going to her dresser and grabbing clothes. After she got dressed we got in my car and I put my phone in its place and then got buckled up and pulled out of the driveway. On the way Colby called me 17 more times. And then Sam called me some. I didn't answer any of them. Nina understood. When we got to waffle house we talked a lot and about a lot of different things. I had to put my phone on silent because Sam and Colby didn't stop calling and texting. By the time we left waffle house it was 2am. We went back to her house and passed the fuck out. The next morning I woke up to Nina on the phone with someone. Right as I sat up she set the phone down and it was mine.

"Who was that?" I asked.

"Morgan. He was asked when you'd be home. I told him when you woke up that you'd probably go back to shower and then come back." She explained. Damn she knows me well.

"Nice. Well I'ma do that." I said laughing and she joined. I left and went back to the house. I parked my car and got out with my phone in hand. I seen a car I didn't recognize in the yard. I continued into the house. I seen Sam,Colby and Kat on the couch. I acted like I didn't see them and went into my room and grabbed some clothes and put some in a bag and then went into my bathroom and showered. After I got out I put on my jeans and tank top with my flannel and socks for my boots. I stepped out and went back into my room and put my boots on and grabbed a food and water bowl for Link and grabbed some food for him and put it in a doggie bag I had. I grabbed a leash and put it in the bag as well. I grabbed both of my bags and keys and went out of my room.

"Link." I called and whistled. He came and sat in front of me. I bent down.

"You wanna go for a ride." I asked  him he got up and wagged his tail. I stood back up and walked out the door.

"Wait. Sky." I knew that voice. All to well. Colby. I felt tears well up in my eyes and I don't cry. I haven't cried in years.

"What?" I said without turning around. And getting my stuff and link in the car . I started the car and got the AC going for Link.

"What going on?" He asked. I went back in the house remembering something. I grabbed my phone and put it in my back pocket going out again. My family and Sam, and Kat. I got halfway to my car again.

"Please. Explain what's going on?" He pleaded. I felt my heart crack.

"You really don't know?" I said my voice cracking and without turning around.

"No. All I know is you started ignoring us." This time his voice cracked. And I felt him right behind me.

"The girl. Who is she?" I asked again without turning around.

"Who?" He asked.

"The one you were filming with." I said.

"Shes a friend." He said coming infront of me.

"Then why'd she call me? Why'd she tell me to and I quote 'lever her boyfriend alone'?" I said looking up in tears. He looked so shocked.

"What?" He asked.

"You heard me. Don't make me repeat it." I said.

"She did what?" He seemed like he was having a hard time comprehending it. I pulled out my phone and showed him that he did indeed call me then.

"I'm so sorry. I swear I didn't know she did that. I didn't think she would were just friends I swear." He said pleading. I seen no dishonesty in his eyes. He grabbed my hands. My heart was beating so fucking fast right now.

"Please. Believe me. I don't like when your mad at me." He said.

"You think I'm mad at you?"

"Well kinda."

"No. I'm terrified. Terrified of losing you. Terrified of being replaced but not mad at you." I said letting the tears fall lowering my head. He lifted it.

"Never. With my whole fucking heart remember?" He said. I nodded. He pulled me to him and he kissed my head. I collapsed in his arms onto the wet ground. I held on to him so tight. I was afraid to let go. Afraid that when I let go he'd disappear. Soon enough I felt myself falling asleep not a worry in the world.

Colby's POV:

I carefully picked her up and Kat opened the door. I brought her to her room and laid her down but when I tried to get her to let go she wouldn't so I just laid down with her. Sam and Kat came in and I asked them to go get her dog and her keys and bring them in. They did and the Link joined us on her bed cuddling into her other side. Her mom and dad came in after a bit and got a picture and we talked a lot. I explained what happened. Sam and Kat were just chilling on the couch in her room. I don't remember when but I felt myself falling asleep as well.