The Beginning of Friendship [3]

Disclaimer: I own nothing. All rights go to Masashi Kishimoto, nor do I own this story, this story is by makato x chelia.
========================================

{Yashiro Arc}

========================================

The day after Shisui showed him the basics of the Fireball Jutsu, Ryouta had been practising it by the dock, shooting out balls of flames that would become a little more finely controlled each time he released the jutsu.

While he was doing that, Izumi sat down at a distance, and overlooked some of the medical books that she had, and looked through various of different poisons.

"Fire Style: Fireball Jutsu!"

Izumi heard Ryouta call, and watched as he spewed out a fireball

She was quite impressed that he was picking up stuff about what he was doing, the chakra usage, and how he was improving a little bit more each time he performed it.

But as she was looking, she saw a flower falling before her face, landing on her open book. She looked up to see that Lee was stood there, with a bright smile on his face, and a small blush on his cheeks as well.

She gave a bemused smile, and accepted the flower.

"Thank you very much Lee-kun, you're really sweet~"

"Aah! Just one way to win your heart!"

Izumi let out a cute laugh at the antics of Lee.

"Are you looking for Ryou-kun?"

"I was, but then I saw he was shooting fire out of his mouth. I didn't know he could perform Fire Release."

Izumi slowly nods.

"Yes, he's trying to perform our clans rite of passage jutsu. He started just yesterday. He's quite the determined boy, and always tries his hardest, with everything that he does. So he's going to be trying his hardest with this jutsu."

"I-I see...my rival is still burning strong! And now can fire flames out of his mouth! As expected of my rival! Always improving! It makes me want to improve also!"

"Improving huh..."

"That's right, I wish to try and become a great ninja with just Taijutsu!"

Izumi gave a pleasing smile.

"It must be difficult, not being able to use Ninjutsu or Genjutsu."

Lee nodded. Even though he knew it would be difficult, he still was going to try his hardest.

"Yes...I've been knocked down many times before, I've been told I wont be able to become a ninja..."

Izumi placed a hand on top of his head, and gently petted, his face burned bright red from the touch.