003- sticks & stones

"hold up."

"it's not a problem." itadori said. his tattoos were disappearing as he spoke. "more importantly, you and i are pretty beat up. we need to get to a hospital."

megumi was completely confused about what to do. take the chance and keep him alive? kill the "curse" right here? personally, you wanted to keep him.

"what's the situation?"

"wha- gojo?! what are you doing here?!"

"GOJOOO!!"

"yo!" the blindfolded man waved. "i wasn't gonna come at first, but the higher-ups got involved after hearing that a special grade cursed object went missing."

moving his paper bag to his left hand, he pulled out his phone to snap pictures of a bloodied-up megumi. since you were in frame (and totally fine), you threw up a peace sign and smiled for the camera.

"so... did you find it?"

"sorry... i ate it."

"for real?"

"for real." both you and megumi said simultaneously. you took a seat next to him, allowing him to rest his head on your shoulder. sighing, you wrapped your arm around megumi and rested your head atop of his.

"you look like shit."

"and you smell like shit." megumi grumbled, fluttering his eyes closed. without a second of hesitation, you twisted his ear that was closest to your hand. "OW! I WAS JOKING."

"mmh." you smirked, patting his ear to help ease the pain. nonetheless, he kept his head on your shoulder.

"ten seconds." gojo said as he stretched his lanky ass legs. his church shoes glistened in the moonlight. 'i swear i might be the only tokyo sorcerer with a fashion sense. what is with these guys and church shoes?'

he then tossed his shopping bag at megumi. despite his eyes being closed, he caught it and asked, "what is this?"

"kikufuku mochi."

"DID YOU GET ME—"

"yes, (y/n), yours is in the pink box in the bag." gojo smiled, rustling your hair before shoving his hands in his pockets. you gleefully peeked in the bag and pulled out the box while megumi stayed speechless, wondering why his teacher went to get mochi while people were near death.

"kikifuku is just the best!"

"WATCH OUT!!" you and megumi yelled as sukuna planned a sneak attack on gojo.

and with a blink, sukuna was right in front of your face.

beady red eyes staring deep into your soul.

it was as though he was trying to read you. get a sense of your power. yet, there was familiarity in those eyes, like this wasn't his first time seeing you.

that genuinely creeped you the fuck out.

but you then noticed that gojo was sitting on him like a stool. before you could comprehend sukuna's proximity, he moved to attack gojo again.

"he gives me the creeps." megumi muttered.

"well, i didn't expect much less from the king of curses..."

as sukuna and gojo fought, you snacked on mochi like movie popcorn, hand-feeding megumi some every once in a while. before you knew it, ten seconds was up.

"oh.. was everything okay?" once again, the tattoos dissipated from yuuji's body, leaving gojo amused.

"wow, what a surprise! he really can control it!"