THISISMÅNESKIN PT1

story post marlenarrr

(let's ignore the fact that she has long nails)

...

Mata Hari

I don't like the song much and am happy it's over, now. I heard about 10 songs already. I have enough of all the Eurovision stuff and press pause.

I checked out England earlier but I'm sure we won't have a high rank.

I lean back in the bath tub and enjoy the hot water a few minutes in silence before I get out.

After drying my skin, I wrap a bath robe around me and step outside into the cold. Luckily on the balcony there is an ashtray so I can pursue my addiction.

All of a sudden the classic alarm of my phond starts.

I groan as I have to put my lighter down again and go inside to grab the blaring device.

YUNGBLUD pops up on my phone.

"Cheers mate!" I answer the phone in my best cockney accent.

"Ahh, Marlena!" my best friend tries to pronounce it Italian but he honestly sucks at that.

"What's up Dom?" I laugh, happy to hear his voice.

"Sorry for interrupting, I bet it's incredibly stressful" he has his ordinary strong British accent back.

"Nah, not really. Right now I'm in quarantine until I have a negative test result. I'm just learning my text." I say looking at the pile of paper, I haven't touched yet.

"Oh, okay. Did you have a look at the contestants yet?" Dom's voice is quieter than usually.

"A few yea, why?"

"You didn't check out Italy yet, did you?"

"No?" I wonder how he is so sure about that.

I wanted to keep that for the end because it kind of is my second home and I heard they are really good this year.

"Alright how do I tell you this." he mutters more to himself than me.

"What the hell, just spit it!"

I light the cigaret and step outside, letting myself plop down to a chair.

"What's your exes name? Your first girlfriend."

"Victoria..." I frown.

"...De Angelis?" he asks through the speaker of my phone.

I cough out the smoke that just wanted to enter my lungs.

My lips press against each other when I'm done. I remember that name too well.

"What..."

"She is the bassist of the Italian band that competes this year." He says fastly.