beginnings

"Gate E, Romania is now ready to board, if you acquired a ticket to this flight please board". a voice softly spoken out through the intercoms. I sighed "time to get going" I said as I propped up from the seat grabbing my stuff and running over to the plane entrance. I hand my stuff over to a employee that would put my luggage in the plane. "Thank you for choosing our airlines and have a great flight!". The woman said smiling at me while I walked into the plane. I sat down in my seat and looked out the window resting my head in the palm of my hand. Someone had plopped beside me. I decided best not to make contact...

Mid-flight
I had gotten myself some crackers out of the bag I always carried with me when I was on the plane and wanted a snack or something. I bring out my phone from my back pocket of my jeans plugged in my earbuds and played an offline list of music I liked...
Once we landed. The person had quickly gotten out of they're seat and so did I. I made my way toward the luggage drop collected my stuff and gotten in a rented car driving toward the village that was 7 hours away...

I arrived at the outskirts of the village and parked my car in a little snowy road that I always parked in it just near the village. I grabbed my stuff from the trunk of the car threw it over on my back and crunched off into the snow...

I had finally made it to laylas house

I knocked on the door. As soon as a knuckle touched the door she forced it open running into me for a hug. I giggled as we fell on the floor."Well I'm happy to see you alive and well".she said and I response."I could say the same for you".I said as we got up. I picked up my stuff and walked inside. Suddenly kids ran up and hugged my legs."aunties back". They all yelled out and giggled in excitement. I chuckled at the sudden reaction."kids let y/n unpack her stuff and settle in she's just been on a long trip here from Germany. " she said well giggling."yes mother". They all said before running off into the east hallway."thank you layla". She led me toward my room and left me alone in there I was upstairs. I started to unpack when the castle through the window had caught my eye. It was briefly fogged up by the snow and mist drifting down from the clouds. I quickly cetch myself zoning out and finished unpacking. I sighed as I collapse myself onto the bed. I feel asleep shortly after. Someone had poked me awake It was layla."guten morgen sleepy head". In fact it was 8:03 at night."huh what time is it?". I said as i groaned. 8:03 and dinner is done."oh that's nice I'll be down in a bit". I said she nodded and left the room as I got up slowly from the bed then making my way down the stairs. I pulled up a chair for myself as my eyes laid on a bowl of my favorite stew.". so you did remember what my favorite food was". I said as I smiled."well its the kids favorite to so its innpossible to forget.". She said amusingly. I chuckled and began to stuffed my face."so how is your job as a writer going y/n."She said trying to start a chat."its going great actually.". I said then one of the children tugged on my hoodie. I looked over at her in confusion as she held up a box of cards."what do you want to play kid?". I said as she mubbled out a few words."war.". I chuckled."alright but only a few rounds then you have to get to bed k?". That night we played till 9:00 and it was a tie between us she ran up to bed as I helped layla with the dishes after I turned off all the lights in the house and walked myself to my bedroom by I couldn't seem to fall asleep so I got on my phone and doodled with it till 12:00 when I could finally fall asleep. I had woken up to the house feeling colder then normal so I changed into a red hoodie and some black jeans and boots. I troatted downstairs tiredly immediately when I hit the last step the snows cold breeze hit my face from a huge hole in the wall. I had gotten worried the and ran to check on the kids room and half of the wall had been scratched out I ran toward laylas room and saw the basement door barley open. I swung it open just to be dragged down and the door slammed shut. I opened my eyes to see layla and the children."wha-". Layla cover my mouth shut as she shushed me then I heard a pair of foot steps that sounded non-human the stomped around taring down pictures, lanterns and the bed then ran away. She pulled her arm back from my mouth. I whispered."what's happening and are you all alright?". I asked confused yet worried."ja we're OK but could you help us y/n.". I sighed in relief."yea you can use my car layla you know how to board a plane and drive a car still." I said ."yea." I gave her the keys and followed her and the kids out to the car gave them some money to board the plane and waved them goodbye. I sigh in relief that I saved them as I walked back to the house and grabbed a pistol and a rifle we had lying around the house. I grabbed my backpack and started shoving nessacery stuff and snacks into the back and sighed as I crouched near the hole in the wall making sure the coast was clear as I sighed."this sure is a pain in the ass."...